If you’re a fan of Fujifilm’s cameras, well, there’s a special exclusive for only our readers. Specifically, we’re talking about FUJIFILM X-H2 and FUJIFILM X-H2S. These multi-award winning cameras have those of us who love retro-looking photos. So if you find yourself using a lot of film presets, why not do it in-camera instead? Head on down below to see what’s so special here!
A Special Discount for Phoblographer’s Readers
This piece is presented in partnership with FUJIFILM. We’ve independently and ethically reviewed all the products in this post already without sponsorship. And we worked with them to recommend a few key gems to you.
Make your X-H2s purchase on the FUJIFILM on-line store. Enter the coupon code phoblographer to receive FREE ground shipping. Hurry! Offer expires October 31st 2023.
What to Like About the FUJIFILM X-H2S?
Fujifilm X-H2S relies on its 26.1MP X Trans CMOS 5 HS BSI stacked sensor to deliver some of the most film-like high ISO noise we’ve ever seen from a Fujifilm camera. Combined with the camera’s grain effect, you’ll get an aesthetic that will make all your clients really happy.
Here’s a bit of what you should know from our Fujifilm X-H2S review:
- Lovely colors
- Great image quality straight from the camera
- Fast bursts at 15 fps mechanical and 40 fps electronic, with autofocus
- Finally, Fujifilm has animal eye AF
- No blackout viewfinder
- Excellent low light autofocus
- Durable build quality
- Comfortable grip
What to Like About the FUJIFILM X-H2?
Part of what makes the cameras so incredibly special is the 40.2MP X Trans CMOS 5 HR sensor at the heart of it. This is a very unique sensor not only because it’s an X Trans sensor, but also because it’s one of the highest resolving APS-C sensors on the market. When X Trans was first launched, Fujifilm often spoke about how the sensors could hold their own with full-frame. And when you look at the colors that this camera can output, you’ll understand why. You will be able to take incredibly detailed images and get even more character out of your older Fujifilm lenses. We positively loved the way the Fujinon 35mmf1.4 R delivered beautiful images with the camera. Most importantly, we’re very appreciative of how reliable the camera is.
Here’s a bit of what you should know from our Fujifilm XH2 review:
- Very quiet
- Fantastic image quality
- High ISO images are fairly clean, or you can embrace the noise.
- The best color from an APS-C sensor in a while
- Subject detection is great in good lighting.
- Weather resistant
- Good for street photography
- Battery life
- Still works well with older lenses
- Cropped shooting mode in continuous drive mode is brilliant. (Let me get it right in camera and frame it perfectly there rather than fixing it later.)
- Continuous AF is great in good lighting.
- Very good at 10fps for tracking birds
As far as APS-C sensor cameras go, the Fujifilm X-H2 stands out as one of the best if you’re looking for Fujifilm’s quality and want to slow down and be more thoughtful about your work.