Interested in knowing more? Email us at email@example.com to set up a meeting or to ask a question. The staff here at The Phoblographer will get back to you as soon as they come back from a photo walk!
Who is The Phoblographer?
Founded in 2009, the Phoblographer is a story of a few driven individuals working to change the way we think about cameras. It started with taking the cameras and lenses out of the lab and into the field. We’re all passionate photographers. And we love to shoot our daily lives with the photo gear we purchase. So it just makes sense for us to incorporate it into our lives. That’s what our staff does.
The website has bridged the gap between the art world and the tech world for over a decade. We do this holistically in all our content as much as possible. It starts with our reviews. By applying it in our gear tests, we work to remind photographers that there’s still a passionate, creative person behind the camera. So you have to work to get the shot. This is further translated through in our various interviews and series’ like Creating the Photograph. What’s more, we’ve worked with partners over the years to uplift the voices of women, POCs, disabled photographers, and others. Our Editor in Chief and Founder Chris Gampat is legally blind. And through Phoblographer, we’ve worked to motivate and inspire passionate photographers everywhere. Nothing should hold you back from getting the shot!
Chris has been involved in every aspect of the company’s growth and development over the years. He cares, and it shows holistically through the content. Part of the site’s strength is our incredibly strong Search Engine Optimization. We’ve applied strict ethics to our stories and earn the trust of Google and our readers. Everything from our word choices, stories we tackle, and our image selection is meticulously chosen.
What Does The Phoblographer Do?
The Phoblographer publishes on our website daily. Our content varies from thought pieces, opinions, reviews, tutorials, roundups, deals, and more. We strive to not deliver the same content and have different conversations from everyone else. Our posts are transmitted out to our Facebook page, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Flipboard. They also go out into The Daily Phoblographer: our newsletter sent every evening. Most of our stories are translated and read by an AI algorithm. You can listen to it on our website. We’re streaming daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Spotify! Lastly, you can tune in once a week to our Live Show called Pro Camera Reviews. We talk about big subjects in the Photo World on this show. It’s simulcast to Facebook. And later on in the week, you can catch it on YouTube and Flipboard TV.
Achievements and Accolades for The Phoblographer
We’ve been quoted and referenced all around the web in the LATimes, NYTimes, CTV, Glamour, CreativeLive, 1 Hour Photo, Pop Photo, Look4Ward, Creative Boom, Neatorama, the Tony and Chelsea Show, and much more.
The Phoblographer has earned participation in the coveted Amazon OnSite program. What’s more, we’ve also got our own Amazon Camera Shop.
Our staff is located all over the world too!
Let’s Talk Numbers
As of November 2020, here are some of our average yearly stats:
- Average of 2 million pageviews a month
- Average of 551,000 unique visitors a month
- Average of 1,115,000 sessions a month
- Average of 1:17 minutes a session
- $622,453 in shipped in hardware-based affiliate revenue
- $35K in software-based affiliate revenue
- Approximately 2 Million come to us to find a good deal!
- 13.6K Email Newsletter Subscribers
- 32K Twitter Followers
- 265K Facebook Followers
- 34K Instagram Followers
- 9.3K YouTube Followers
- 360+ Zoom Subscribers
- 51K Flipboard Followers
- 3 Million + Organic Search Queries
- 76% Male, 24% Female
- 1.7 million folks consider themselves techies
- 1.5 million folks consider themselves shutterbugs
- 1.4 million folks love the great outdoors
- 1.4 million folks love shooting photos when they travel
- 1.5 million folks interested in buying a new camera
- 600,000 interested in buying a new phone
- 552,000 interested in a new lens
- 404,000 interested in a new laptop
- 400,000 interested in prints and home decor
- 354,000 interested in a new computer
- 27% between the ages of 24-34
- 19% between the ages of 35-44
- 17% between the ages of 45-54
- 15% between the ages of 55-64
- 10% are 65+
- 10% between the ages of 18-24
- 82% of the audience primarily speak English
- 47% based in the US
- 10% based in the UK
- 5% based in Canada
- 4% based in Australia
- 3% in India
- 57% of our audience reads us on mobile devices
- 43% of traffic comes from organic search
- 31% of traffic comes to us directly
- 21% of traffic comes to us from referrals
- 4% of traffic comes to us from social media channels
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates!