Last Updated on 07/11/2019 by Mark Beckenbach
The rumored Sigma 35mm f1.2 DG DN Art lens is a real thing, and so too are others.
Today, Sigma announced their much anticipated Sigma 35mm f1.2 DG DN Art Lens along with a new 45mm and more. Sigma’s 35mm didn’t seem all that real but considering what the company has been doing to try to stand apart from other manufacturers, we’re not shocked. This is one of the company’s first lenses designed from the ground up for mirrorless full frame cameras; to that end it will come in Sony E mount and L mount. It is also the fastest aperture 35mm lens with autofocus on the market right now for full frame cameras. A lens like this should prove to be very innovative. No one has done this before, and it’s bound to help provide a nearly medium format look to the images it delivers. We’ve got more specs and details below.
Here’s what we know about the new lenses
Sigma 35mm f1.2 DG DN Art Lens
- $1,499 price point
- Seems to have weather sealing
- f1.2 aperture
- Targeted at portrait shooters
- L Mount and E Mount
- Aperture ring
Sigma 45mm f2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
According to Adorama:
- Newly developed high-performance lens series for full-frame mirrorless cameras
- Beautiful bokeh and rendering that can be enjoyed in every scene
- High-speed and highly accurate AF enabled by the stepping motor
- High build quality and outstanding operability
- Lens Mount: Lens Mount: Sony E
- Lens Format: Lens Format: Full-Frame
- Fixed Mirrorless FL: Focal Length: 45mm
- Maximum Aperture: Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Art Lens for Mirrorless
It pretty much seems to be precisely the same lens as their DSLR option. You can see our review of that lens here.
We got all our information from Adorama. There doesn’t seem to be much else out there in terms of details, but we’ll update when we have the opportunity.