Being able to access your gear without taking the bag off you is a key feature of the Backlight 18L
Yes, you are not mistaken: Mindshift Gear did just launch some new bags a few days ago, and we were as surprised as you, but they are back today with another bag announcement. This time in the form of the Backlight 18L, the next step in their extremely popular Backlight backpack series, which features the ability to easily access your gear without having put the bag down thanks to a special waistband. Wildlife, Sports, Landscape; General Outdoor Photographers will want to pay attention here because this is a bag designed with you in mind from the start – and you can tell.
The Backlight 18L is capable of carrying up to two gripped Mirrorless or DSLR cameras with lenses attached as well as up to 1-3 standard zoom lenses or 3-5 prime lenses. It is compatible with the carry-on requirements of most US airlines and is capable of carrying up to a 13” laptop and 10” tablet. As noted, being targeted at the needs of the outdoor photography community, the Backlight 18L is weather resistant, comes with a seam-sealed rain cover and features YKK zippers.
Backlight 18L Feature Highlights
- Daisy chain, ice ax loops and additional lash points for expanding your carry capacity
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Comfortably padded waist belt for all-day comfort on the trail with webbing rail for additional MindShift accessories
- Flap-keeper neck strap allows you to work out of the bag, unencumbered
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord fit a 32oz Nalgene
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Air channel and lumbar support on rear-panel for all-day comfort
- Ergonomic zipper pulls are easily gripped with gloves or frozen fingers
- Highest quality YKK zippers, 420D Velocity and 420D high-density nylon for long lasting durability and strength
- Front stuff pockets for trail essentials: headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Top zippered pocket for quick access essentials
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Compatible with the Tripod Suspension Kit, Filter Nest, Filter Hive and Switch Case
- Can fit up to a 300mm F2.8 or 150-600mm F5-6.3 lens
The Backlight 18L comes in two color variations; Charcoal and Woodland Green. Both of which are now available on the Mindshift Gear website for $199.99. The bags will be arriving at retail partners in the near future as well. For full details check out the Mindshift Gear product page for the Backlight 18L.