Last Updated on 05/06/2013 by Chris Gampat
Today at the MAX 2013 conference, Adobe is announcing not only the new Creative Cloud Suite in a move away from the CS naming convention, but they’re also announcing loads of new features in Photoshop. We were able to take a sneak peak at this earlier on last week, and the new product seems like quite the powerhouse. First off, they’re incorporating nearly all of the major features introduced into Adobe Lightroom 5 Beta earlier this year: which means that Upright, Radial filters, and of course the Healing and Clone brush stays there. But they’re also including other newer features such as Intelligent Upsampling–which will not make images have extremely jagged and pixelated looks anymore. Users will also like the new Smart Sharpening feature which will create significantly less image noise when sharpening an image.
As reported earlier on as well, Camera Shake Reduction is also incorporated. Other features of interest include better integration with Behance, and Camera RAW adjustments being able to be added as layers.
The full rundown and screenshots are after the jump.
– Bring your settings to multiple computers with cloud-enabled Sync Settings. And Adobe Creative Cloud is now integrated with Behance for real-time inspiration and a seamless way to share your work.
– All-new Smart Sharpen: Rich textures, crisp edges, and distinct details. It analyzes images to maximize clarity and minimize noise and halos, and it lets you fine-tune for high-quality, natural-looking results.
– Intelligent upsampling: Enlarge a low-res image so it looks great in print, or start with a larger image and blow it up to poster or billboard size. New upsampling preserves detail and sharpness without introducing noise.
– Camera Raw 8 and layer support: Apply Camera Raw edits as a filter to any layer or file inside Photoshop, and then enhance them any way you want. And with new Adobe Camera Raw 8, you get more precise ways to heal images, fix perspective distortions, and create vignettes.
– Editable rounded rectangles: One of your most requested features is here. Now you can resize shapes, edit them, and re-edit them — before or after they’re created. Even edit individual corner radiuses in rounded rectangles. If a shape is bound for the web, export CSS data from the file to save time.
– Multi-shape and path selection: Get more done in fewer clicks by selecting multiple paths, shapes, and vector masks at once. Even in multilayered documents with lots of paths, you can easily target the path (and any layer) you want right on canvas using a new filter mode.
– Camera Shake Reduction: Save shots you thought were lost due to camera motion. Whether your blur was caused by slow shutter speed or a long focal length, Camera Shake Reduction analyzes its trajectory and helps restore sharpness.
– Conditional Actions: Put routine processing jobs on autopilot with Conditional Actions. These commands use if/then statements to automatically choose between different actions based on rules you set up.
– Expanded Smart Object support: Apply Blur Gallery and liquify effects nondestructively thanks to Smart Object support. Your original file stays intact as you add blur effects or push, pull, pucker, or bloat the image or video. Edit or remove the effects at any time — even after saving your file.
By signing up for Creative Cloud today, creatives will be set up to immediately download and use these latest cloud-enabled innovations from Adobe, when they are available next month. Creative Cloud membership for individuals is US$49.99 per month based on annual membership; existing customers who own CS3 to CS5.5 get their first year of Creative Cloud at the discounted rate of US $29.99 per month. Students and teachers can get Creative Cloud for $29.99 per month.
Single application membership plans for customers, who require only Photoshop CC, are available for $19.99 per month. Special promotional pricing is available for some customers, including CS6 users.
A team version of Creative Cloud includes everything individual members receive plus 100GB of storage and centralized deployment and administration capabilities. Creative Cloud for teams is priced at US $69.99 per month per seat. Existing customers, who own a volume license of CS3 or later, get their first year of Creative Cloud for teams at the discounted rate of US $39.99 per month per seat if they sign up before the end of August 2013.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.
Also, please follow us on Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.