Last Updated on 07/28/2011 by Chris Gampat
Photo Rumors via Lenstip got their hands on images of and the specs on the rumored Pentax K-5 specs. So how is it? Well, this camera seems like one of Pentax’s most aggressive pushes yet and will be targeted directly towards the D300s and 7D. The most prominent specs are after the jump.
• $1,699 US Body Only
• Magnesium body with plastic and rubber exterior, 80 weather seals.
• 16.2mp Sony EXEMOR Sensor
• 23.6 x 15.8 mm CMOS sensor
• Complete new AF system superior algorithms.
• 18-point wide autofocus system (SAFOX IX+)
• ISO standard : 200-12800
• AVi (Motion JPEG)
• 1920 x 1080 25p, 30p
• 1280×720 25p, 30p
• External stereo mic jack.
• Hybrid VF utilizing translucent LCD to display focus points and framing grid.
• Hot shoe, sync-speed: 1/180 sec. (will have 1/250 available with new flashes to be released First half 2011)
• Wireless-sync with PENTAX dedicated flash and IrSimple.
• Hi speed: 8fps
• Dual SD or SDHC card
Now, if this is the same sensor in the A55 or A560 then it may be quite the competitor. Let’s hope that the rumors are true and that this actually does see the light of day. If it does:
– The Pentax K5 will have more megapixels and higher ISO range than the D300s
– The movie modes will be in-between the 7D and D300s
– It will be the only one of the three models with image stabilization built in
– It will be the best weather-sealed camera of the three
– It will have the least AF points of all the models
This is going to be an exciting time. Let’s see what happens!