The new Loupedeck Creative Tool is targeting the multi-media creative that needs to operate in a ton of different spheres.
If you’re one of those photographers who edges into other mediums, then the Loupedeck Creative Tool is probably the next peripheral you need. Loupedeck has always created strong peripherals for photographers and videographers, and this latest product is designed to help those who also edit audio and much more. To that end, its ability to integrate with more software on the market make it more scalable and versatile. That translates into wedding photographers also being able to cut a video and edit audio using the same tool–pun not really, but really intended. Although the Loupedeck Creative Tool only uses USB 2.0 A, it has Bluetooth 5 low energy abilities.
According to Loupedeck’s press release, the key benefits and capabilities of the Loupedeck Creative Tool include:
- Ready to go right out of the box with an ever-growing set of native integrations with your favorite industry software.
- Premium build quality with aluminum cover and dials, LED backlight, touchscreens, machine-quality ball bearing, and more.
- Portability, equipped with a removable USB cable, making it easy to move and use wherever you are.
- A designated set of preset workspaces, specific to each integration, dedicated to each stage of the editing process that can be fully customized to match your unique workflow.
- Ability to use the tools and functions from your favorite software from one consistent user interface.
- Fully adaptable to almost all creative environments, allowing you to move freely between software, and can even help you manage and control your operating system.
- Control everything with one hand in precise increments, giving you a truly personalized and enhanced editing experience.
Of course, it also means that the tool can be configured in different ways. Synonymous with how the Apple Magic Touchbar adapts to the programs you’re using, so too do the Loupedeck Creative Tool’s touchscreen capabilities. Photographers will be able to switch between Capture One, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut, etc. Of course, it doesn’t mean you’ll be replacing your keyboard. It’s best to keep your keyboard, maybe a mouse or Wacom tablet, and the Loupedeck Creative Tool on your desk. More tech specs are below.
Loupedeck Creative Tool System requirements
- Windows 10
- Mac® OS 10.12 or later
- USB 2.0 A (USB-C to USB-A cable included in box)
- Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy, external power supply required
- 160mm x 150mm x 30mm; weight 365g
- Touch screen interface with multiple pages of custom, configurable, 4 x 3 touch button layouts and two touch bars
- Six configurable, dented, mechanical dials with push-button, controlled parameter highlighted on the touch bar
- Large rotating control dial with a customizable touchscreen
- Eight RGB, backlit, round, mechanical keys configurable to work in conjunction with, or independently of, the touchscreen, including OS Controls
- 12 RGB led, backlit, customizable “Shortcut” keys with keyboard modifier mode