Ideally, SD cards help us extend the memory of a device and transfer data seamlessly across multiple sources. While this is an important function, it also makes them vulnerable to data loss. Chances are that you might end up losing your important files from SD cards out of the blue. Don’t worry – you can still get them back using a reliable SD card data recovery tool. Although there are numerous data recovery tools in the market, only a handful of them actually work. If you are also new to data recovery, then you should know about Recoverit. It is one of the most trusted and accessible tools that is even used by leading experts. Recently, the application has released a new update that offers a wide range of advanced features. Let’s get to know more about the SD card data recovery feature of the tool.
How to perform SD card recovery with Recoverit 8.0?
Using Recoverit 8.0 to get back lost data from an SD card is extremely easy. After installing Recoverit data recovery application on your system, you can follow a few basic steps:
Step 1: Connect your SD card
First, unmount your SD card from any other source and connect it to your Windows PC or Mac. When you would launch Recoverit 8.0, it will automatically detect the connected SD card on its interface. You can just select the relevant location and start the recovery process. If you want, you can manually browse to the SD card location or the target folder to save time.
Step 2: Wait for the scan to be over
Once you click on the “Start” button, Recoverit 8.0 will start extracting all the critical content from the connected SD card. Simply hold on and wait for a few minutes for the process to be completed. Make sure that the SD card stays connected to the system during the entire process.
Step 3: Restore your data
In the end, the extracted content will be displayed on Recoverit’s interface. Since the data would automatically be categorized, it will save you time. You can also look for a file from its search bar as well. Simply preview the extracted content from here and select the files you wish to get back. Click on the “Recover” button and save them to a trusted location (other than the SD card).
Can I use Recoverit 8.0 for free?
Yes – one of the best things about Recoverit 8.0 is that the basic free version of the tool is available. You can just install Recoverit free version on your Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10. If you own a Mac, then you can install it on macOS 10.8 or any newer version, including macOS 10.14.
Although the free version of the tool has a data recovery limit(100M). If you want to enjoy unlimited recovery features, then you can upgrade to its Pro or Ultimate version. With the Ultimate version, you can also create a bootable disk to perform data recovery on a crashed system.
Wondershare Recoverit: What can it do?
In a nutshell, Recoverit is a popular data recovery tool that can extract all kinds of content from various devices such as hard drive/SD card/USB drive/Pendrive and more. This includes the recovery of more than 1000 different types of data for types like photos, videos, audios, documents, compressed files, and more. The application runs on Windows as well as Mac with excellent recovery results. It also supports all kinds of SD cards (micro, mini, or standard) manufactured by every leading brand.
- Recoverit provides a dedicated SD card data recovery, which is easy to follow. Users just need to connect their SD card and run data recovery to get back their lost files.
- You can get back your photos, videos, documents, and every other kind of data. There is a provision to preview the recovered content on the interface first.
- It supports SD cards of all kinds manufactured by brands like Kingston, SanDisk, HP, Sony, Patriot, Samsung, and more. Also, all types of file systems like NTFS, FAT, FAT 32, etc. are supported.
- The tool is known to yield one of the highest data recovery results in the industry – 96% for Windows.
- It supports data recovery in all kinds of scenarios. Be it accidental deletion of files, a corrupt SD card, formatted SD card, virus attack deletion, or any other situation.
- Apart from SD cards, it can also recover data from numerous other sources like pen drives, external hard disks, cameras, MP3 players, and more.
Since Wondershare Recoverit has all the above-listed properties, it is highly recommended by professionals. It supports all kinds of SD cards out there and every possible data loss scenario too. You can get a hands-on experience of the application by using its free version on your system. I have tried the tool as well to perform SD card recovery, and it certainly met my expectations.
Editors Note: This is a sponsored blog post from Recoverit