Best of all, the new Fujifilm GFX 50R is going to work with Capture One!!!!
There were reports abound on the new Fujifilm GFX 50R, and while there are features that we know would be difficult to implement, what we’re getting today at Photokina 2018 is more than enough for all photographers. Standard to the new Fujifilm GFX 50R is the 0.77×3.69M-dot organic “OLED” electronic viewfinder that is built in as opposed to being attachable like it is with the GFX 50S, weather sealing in 64 different places, 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor with 51.4MP defining it. More or less, it’s a variant of the highly rated Fujifilm GFX 50s.
FUJIFILM GFX 50R Key Features
- 51.4MP Medium Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality for all photographers
- FUJIFILM G Mount with short flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Weather- and dust- resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius
- File formats include three different JPEG settings (SUPER FINE, FINE, NORMAL), as well as two different RAW settings (uncompressed, compressed). TIFF output is also possible with in-camera RAW development
- Full HD for Movie Mode: 1920×1080 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 36Mbps, in Film Simulation modes
- Lightweight body weighs approximately 27.3oz. / 775g
- LCD Monitor
- 3.2 inch, aspect ratio 4:3, approx. 2,360K-dots; tilt-type (two direction), touch screen color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
- Uses SD Cards (UHS-II recommended)
- Equipped with dual slots
- Uses NP-T125 high capacity battery for approximately 400 photos (with Auto Power Save ON)
- All FUJINON GF Lenses are dust- and weather-resistant, built to withstand operation at temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius allowing photographers to take them outdoors with confidence in challenging weather conditions.
- Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 low energy technology
- Accessories included:
- Li-ion battery NP-T125
- Battery charger BC-T125
- Plug adapter
- Body cap
- Strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Shoulder strap
- Cable protector
- Hot shoe cover
- Sync terminal cover
- Owner’s manual
Availability and Pricing
The new FUJIFILM GFX 50R will be available late November 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $4,499.95 and CAD $5,699.99
Personally, I’m very excited for this camera. This is the Mamiya 7 style of camera that I wanted and although I think that Fujifilm would have created even more innovation by implementing the EVF/OVF and a number of new features, I’m very happy with this camera. Upon a closer inspection, I’m afraid that Fujifilm might get rid of the stacked shutter speed/ISO dial. There is no direct ISO control dial on the Fujifilm GFX 50R and although one can argue with medium format that it isn’t needed, it would make shooting in wedding and photojournalistic conditions much easier to do.
Fujifilm’s New GFX Lenses
The following is taken from the company’s press release.
The latest roadmap adds the new FUJINON GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR telephoto zoom lens, GF 50mm F3.5 R LM WR compact prime lens and GF 45-100mm F4 R LM OIS WR mid telephoto zoom lens. With the addition of these lenses, the GF lens lineup includes a total of eleven lenses covering focal lengths from 23 to 350mm (equivalent to 18-277mm in the 35mm format), to support a wide range of shooting scenarios and photographer needs.
The new GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR is a telephoto zoom lens with a focal length range of 100mm to 200mm (equivalent to 79-158mm in the 35mm film format). This lens can be used with the existing GF 1.4X TC WR teleconverter to cover a focal length range of 140mm to 280mm (equivalent to 111-221mm in the 35mm film format). The smallest and lightest lens in the GF lineup, the GF 50mm F3.5 R LM WR has a focal length of 50mm (equivalent to 40mm in the 35mm film format). When used with the new FUJIFILM GFX 50R, this lens is a highly portable and compact addition to the medium format digital camera system. The new GF 45-100mm F4 R LM OIS WR is a versatile zoom lens that covers a focal length range equivalent to 36mm to 79mm in the 35mm film format, perfect for portraiture and snapshots.