The brand new Phottix Juno can come with an Ares II transmitter for only $149.99
It’s been awhile since we’ve heard or seen anything from Phottix, but with Photo Plus Expo coming up next week we were bound to see something like the new Phottix Juno. The Phottix Juno is the company’s latest transceiver flash unit that gives photographers a pretty darn affordable option vs Godox and Yongnuo. This flash is fully manual and therefore works with Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, etc. Though it isn’t revolutionary, it also has the highly coveted side tripod socket that lets you mount it to 1/4 20 mounts.
The Phottix Juno boasts eight stops of power, adjustable in 1/3rd increments from 1/128 to 1/1. And of course, it’s based on radio which is said to work over 300 feet away. Phottix’s product video states that the zoom range on the head is from 14mm to 200mm. But their email states 20mm. Either way, that’s still wider than most normal flashes. Perhaps it’s 14mm with the wide angle diffuser. Unfortunately, it isn’t high speed sync capable and maxes out at 1/250th. The Phottix Juno is compatible with the Ares II and the Stratos II triggering systems. That means it won’t work with your higher end Odin II.
- GN 58 Manual-only Hot Shoe Flash
- Adjustable over 8 stops, in 1/3 stop increments
- Zoom range 14-200mm
- Single Pin – multi-compatible with most major camera brands
- Built-in Phottix Ares II Transmitter and Receiver
- Backlit LCD
- Fast control and adjustment
- HV Battery Port (Canon-compatible)
- ¼” x20 Mounting Lug
The Phottix Juno seems like a great introductory flash for someone who doesn’t use it often or who needs a cheap and effective flash and knows how to use manual modes. The fact that it offers radio capabilities and the side socket will make it adaptable when you’re on-location and only need a little bit of extra power. If you’re using it with something like the Nikon D850 with its super low ISO 64 option, then you can easily get photos that look like they’ll overpower the sun.
The Phottix Juno and Ares II Combos will come with one or two flashes and one Phottix Ares II Transmitter starting at $149.99.
The Phottix Juno “Ready to Go” Kit includes:
- Phottix Juno Transceiver Flash
- Phottix Ares II Flash Trigger Transmitter
- Phottix P190 MK II Light Stand (H/190cm/75″)
- Phottix Double-Small Folding Shoot-Through Umbrella (91cm/36″)
- Phottix Varos Pro S Multi-Function Flash Shoe Umbrella Holder
- Phottix Gear Bag (70cm/28″)
The perfect bit of kit of the seasoned off-camera lighting expert or aspiring lighting devotee. ThePhottix Juno Ready-to-Go Kits are available from Phottixstore.com for $239.99.