Photokina is shaping up to be quite the busy year for camera manufacturers and Panasonic is no exception with the announcement of their new G85 camera. This new camera isn’t a flagship model but it’s got splash and dust proofing, 5 axis dual IS 2, and can shoot 4K. It’s targeted at the high end enthusiast instead of the professional photographer. One of the biggest features is the new image stabilization system which studies the focal length of the lens and figures out what the sensor and lens can do to work together if at all. Part of this also uses a gyrosensor and Panasonic claims that you can get up to five stops of image stabilization.
Panasonic is also announcing their new LX10 and FZ2500 zoom camera.
- 16.64MP Four Thirds sensor
- SD, SDHC, SDXC single memory card slot
- 4K video at 30p and 24p
- Contrast AF with DFD
- 9 fps shooting
- 2360k dot high res viewfinder
- 3 inch 1040 dot LCD screen
- High ISO output up to 25,600
- 3.5mm microphone jack
- 4k photo
- 49 focusing areas
- Autofocus down to -4EV
- Electronic first curtain shutter and silent mode
- Timelapse mode
- New IS system combined with a new shutter unit designed to compensate for shock
- $899.99 body only and with the 12-40mm lens it will be $999.99.
- Designed with the idea to make it pocketable, premium, and good for every day use. Rebirth of the series, LX7 on steroids
- 20.1MP 1 inch sensor, f1.4-2.8 24-72mm equivalent, 4k video and 4k photo. Aluminum and pocketable build
- 3cm macro focusing on the wide side. $699.99 price point
- 6 component zoom lens with aspherical elements; designed to keep chromatic aberration down overall. Max ISO to 12,800 with a ISO 25,600 extension.
- Post focus and focus stacking. You can take a 4K video and then do a panning effect in full hd.
- 5 axis stabilization, 5 axis hybrid OIS. Wifi. 9 blade aperture
- No weather proofing
- High zoom camera
- This is essentially a GH4 with a fixed lens. 20x zoom, smooth iris control, DFD autofocus, built in ND filter, 5 axis image stabilization.
- 1 inch 20MP sensor, same sensor as the one in the LX10.
- 2 million pixel viewfinder.
- Sharp lines, metallic looking, hand grip is very highly controllable . Front and rear dial.
- 9 blade aperture. Wifi, really for the video customer. ND filter options, internal zooming. This one has a headphone input
- 24-480mm f2.8-4.5, stepless aperture, ND is 4, 16, 64, and auto.
- $1,199 available in November 2016
- No weather proofing
- 3cm macro shooting capability. It’s essentially a GH4 with a fixed lens. Unlimited video recording time
- Recording formats are MOV, it does pretty much every format. Variable framerate up to 120 fps.
- 12 fps shooting