No, it doesn’t by default have that giant thinger on the bottom or that microphone–those are instead accessories. Just in time for CP+, Panasonic is announcing the brand new GH4 mirrorless camera. This new addition will not replace the GH3 but instead sit above it kind of like what Canon does with the 1D X and 1D C. The new GH4 shoots two types of 4K video. At its heart, the company says that it houses a brand new 16.05 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor. But otherwise, it mostly seems like it’s just like the GH3 with the exception of the revamps to the autofocusing that the company spoke about.
More specs and photos of the product are after the jump. Be sure to check Adorama for the listing.
– Brand new 16.05 Micro Four Thirds sensor
– 4K Video output in MOV or MP4. Resolution is 3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160. 100mb/s or 200mb/s video recording
– 4:2:0 to the SD card, 4:2:2 otherwise
– NFC, Wifi capabilities
– 1/8000 shutter speed
– OLED viewfinder
– 2360K Dot viewfinder
– Splash and dust proof with a magnesium alloy body
– Venus 9 engine
– Contrast AF and a new focusing type called DFD. New focusing isn’t as fast as Olympus or Sony
– Focus peaking
– 3 inch LCD screen with 1040K Dots
– Bulb mode of up to 60 mins
– FHD 60P readout
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.
Also, please follow us on Facebook, Google+, Flickr and Twitter.