After a quick teaser and series of leaks, Fujifilm finally officially revealed its new X-series camera, the 16.3MP Fujifilm X-T1. The new bulkier X-series slides in as Fujifilm’s first weather-resistant, die-cast magnesium bodied camera. The Japanese camera company claims the camera body has more than 75 points of weather sealing to keep out dust and water. It will also be freeze resistant up to -14°F when equipped with a weather sealed lens. We’ve got even more to say about the camera including all-so-many dials and specs, so hit past the break.
Aside from the sturdier body, Fujifilm went to great lengths to develop better ergonomics for the X-T1 with a fat leather grip on the right side. To further help photographers shoot faster, five retro-style mechanical dials adorn the X-T1’s top. Each dial adds easy access to change settings including shutter speed, exposure metering, ISO sensitivity, aperture, and drive modes.
Fujifilm also claims it has created the the best electronic viewfinder combining a 2.35 million-dot resolution OLED display with 0.77x magnification ratio. The OLED EVF can switch between four new display modes with “full mode” to show data on top and bottom of onscreen images. Additionally, there’s a dual-split screen for fine focusing, portrait mode that rotates the viewfinder info for vertical shots, and finally a normal view.
With a hardier build, more controls, a new tilting back screen, and improved overall specs; the X-T1 seems like the pro X-camera photographers have been looking for from Fujifilm. We can’t wait to get our hands on the Fujifilm X-T1 but regular customers will have to wait until February to pick it up. The camera will be available for $1,299.95 (body only) and for $1699.95 when kitted with the XF18mm-55mm f2.8-4 lens.
To complement its new weatherproofed camera, Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses. These include the XF 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF 16-55mm f2.8 R OIS WR, and the XF 50-140mm f2.8 R OIS WR.
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Image Processor II
- AF time of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second
- 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Viewfinder magnification of 0.77x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Compatible with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards
- Redesigned circuit board design enables high ISO 51200 setting
- ISO 200 – 6400
- Extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600
- Interval timer with settable intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames
- Die-cast magnesium body
- Dust and water-resistant body with freeze resistance to -14°F
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and average news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.