Last Updated on 04/05/2013 by Chris Gampat
We’re looking to bring on two new additions to the staff. We’ve been reworking and revamping our efforts and at the moment, we’re currently only looking for folks based in the USA (sorry international folks, but we still love you.) Details are after the jump.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
– Two new news writers (one must be on the West Coast): These folks will be helping out with the daily news output
– Two new feature writers: These folks will be scouring the web with us as we find cool new features, and awesome stuff in the photography culture world. It could involve interviews as well.
The ideal candidates will:
– Have great photography knowledge and be able to write well. While all articles go through my eyes and the Copy Editor’s, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Be able to contribute 2 times a week
– Be able to review gear, write features and news, and write posting that teach new things to our readers. General knowledge of the photo industry and tech world is a major plus
– Be super friendly: which is something that we’ve prided ourselves on here since Day 1.
– Know how to use WordPress (extremely important!)
– Meet deadlines well
– Communicate with myself and the rest of the staff quickly
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story.
Now here are the pluses that give you an edge:
– If you’re a current B&H, Adorama, eBay, Borrow Lenses, Google Adsense or Amazon affiliate, we will allow you to use your links in your posting here on The Phoblographer. In fact, we let anyone use any affiliate link program. This is how you’re paid. The Phoblographer works on a gamification system: the longer your links are on shown the more money you can potentially make. In the essence, the more you write, the more you can make.
– If you’re located in NYC (or around it) you’ll be able to accompany myself and the site’s partners to meetings with vendors and you’ll get to bond closer with some of the staff members.
– If you’re familiar with The Phoblographer’s style of doing things (have been a long time reader and can figure out what makes us different than other places like DPReview) then you’ll have an even larger edge because you’ll meld in very easily.
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus
If you think you’ve got what it takes: shoot me an email at chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com with a resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio link, and then we’ll take it from there. In the subject line, please put: Application for The Phoblographer (Your name here: position applying for)
In the email, also please list the gear that you use. Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Micro Four Thirds users are a plus, but not at all required.
As for how many people we’re bringing onto the team: it depends on how many great candidates we get. I’m looking forward to reviewing your application.