Some info quick info before hand:
– The Phoblographer’s staff is paid; it isn’t much but they are compensated in more than one way.
– We live in the NYC area (or are able to get there with little to no problems); while this isn’t a requirement it sure does help out a lot with various happenings.
– Must be able to demonstrate photography and writing skills. While all articles go through my eyes and the Copy Editor’s, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Must be familiar with WordPress
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus
– Knowledge of social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and others and how to use them for photography-related purposes
– Showing us a portfolio of writing samples and/or photos is a major plus.
– Timeliness and organization to be able to meet deadlines. All articles on ThePhoblographer are ready two or three weeks ahead of publication.
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story.
– Must be able to write daily news postings and be able to scour the internet for photography related content. I usually get lots of press releases that will be forwarded to you. The postings here at The Phoblographer are written in a specific way that has been described by our readers as, “down to earth.”
– Major emphasis on efficiency, photography knowledge, and spreading the content to social networks.
– The Lead Analyst will be responsible for reviewing products: such as DSLRs, premium point-and-shoots, lenses, flashes, accessories, bags, etc.
– Since ThePhoblographer.com is currently undergoing a couple of revamps, the Features Producer will be responsible for writing special features, tips, how-tos and other education postings.
More details will be available upon asking.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume, writing samples (links are awesome but I’ll also take them in the body of the email), and a photo portfolio to ChrisGampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com with the subject line being the position that you are applying for. You may apply for more than one position.