Today, I’m proud to announce that ThePhoblographer.com is hiring new writers. Just some background: all writers here have full-time jobs and write for ThePhoblographer on the side. The site has been making revamps and is constantly trying to become better. In order to suit the needs of our audience and deal with the significant growth that we saw with last month’s traffic spike, we are recruiting new additions to the team. Hit the jump for details.
Some info quick info before hand:
– The Phoblographer’s staff is paid; it isn’t much but they are compensated in more than one way.
– We live in the NYC area (or are able to get there with little to no problems); while this isn’t a requirement it sure does help out a lot with various happenings.
– Must be able to demonstrate photography and writing skills. While all articles go through my eyes and the Copy Editor’s, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Must be familiar with WordPress
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus
– Knowledge of social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and others and how to use them for photography-related purposes
– Showing us a portfolio of writing samples and/or photos is a major plus.
– Timeliness and organization to be able to meet deadlines. All articles on ThePhoblographer are ready two or three weeks ahead of publication.
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story.
– Must be able to write daily news postings and be able to scour the internet for photography related content. I usually get lots of press releases that will be forwarded to you. The postings here at The Phoblographer are written in a specific way that has been described by our readers as, “down to earth.”
– Major emphasis on efficiency, photography knowledge, and spreading the content to social networks.
– The Lead Analyst will be responsible for reviewing products: such as DSLRs, premium point-and-shoots, lenses, flashes, accessories, bags, etc.
– Since ThePhoblographer.com is currently undergoing a couple of revamps, the Features Producer will be responsible for writing special features, tips, how-tos and other education postings.
More details will be available upon asking.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume, writing samples (links are awesome but I’ll also take them in the body of the email), and a photo portfolio to ChrisGampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com with the subject line being the position that you are applying for. You may apply for more than one position.