It’s a new year, and after gauging how things have gone for us this first month, I believe it’s time for me to grow The Phoblographer yet again. With that said, I’m announcing that I’m looking to bring on:
– two to four new reviewers
– two new educational content writers
– two new news writers
You MUST be located in the United States, however, I can make exceptions though they are extremely rare.
The ideal candidates will:
– Have great photography knowledge and be able to write well. While all articles go through my eyes and the Copy Editor’s, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Be able to contribute 2 times a week
– Be able to review gear, write features, and write posting that teach new things to our readers.
– Be super friendly: which is something that we’ve prided ourselves on here since Day 1.
– Know how to use WordPress
– Meet deadlines well
– Communicate with myself and the rest of the staff quickly
– Be well versed in social media like Twitter, Facebook and Flickr
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story.
BUT FIRST: YOU’RE GOING TO GO THROUGH A TRIAL OF ONE POST A WEEK!
Now here are the plusses that give you an edge:
– If you’re a current B&H and/or Amazon affiliate, we will allow you to use your links in your posting here on The Phoblographer. In fact, we let anyone use any affiliate link program.
– If you’re located in NYC (or around it) you’ll be able to accompany me to meetings with vendors and you’ll get to bond closer with some of the staff members.
– If you’re familiar with The Phoblographer’s style of doing things (have been a long time reader and can figure out what makes us different than other places like DPReview) then you’ll have an even larger edge because you’ll meld in very easily.
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus
If you think you’ve got what it takes: shoot me an email at chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com with a resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio link, and then we’ll take it from there. In the subject line, please put: Application for The Phoblographer (Your name here: position applying for)
In the email, also please list the gear that you use. Nikon, Sony, and Micro Four Thirds users are a plus, but not at all required.
As for how many people we’re bringing onto the team: it depends on how many great candidates we get. I’m looking forward to reviewing your application.