HyperCube offers a handy solution to photo backup and media access from your iOS and Android device.
Running out of storage space on our smartphones and tablets is a common problem. Now, there’s now a tiny device designed to address that, and it does so while you charge your device. Called the HyperCube, it’s the latest offering HYPER by Sanho Corporation dropped on Kickstarter following their highly successful, crowdfunded USB-C hubs.
The HyperCube has a micro SD slot, a male USB connector, and two female USB ports. It connects between the USB charger and your iPhone or Android smartphone or tablet. A free app allows you to automatically backup all the photos, media, and contacts onto a micro SD slot or USB drive as your device charges. You can disconnect anytime, as the backup resumes once you reconnect. No more scrambling to delete photos and videos from your phone and card storage when you run out of space!
Through the HyperCube, iOS and Android users can also instantly access media and data files on their USB storage devices and micro SD, just like they would using a computer. iPhone users also get to use the iPadOS USB storage drive access through this handy device. The HyperCube also acts as a USB drive so users can transfer the micro SD card contents when connected to the computer.
Here’s all you need to know about the HyperCube in a nutshell:
- Tiny device that connects between USB charger and iOS/Android device
- Free iOS/Android app
- Automatically backups photos/videos/contacts onto microSD or USB drive
- Restore photos/videos/contacts from backup to iOS/Android device
- Allows iOS/Android to access media/data files on USB and microSD
- Copy/cut/paste/move/delete/rename files on microSD and USB drive
- Supports audio/video streaming playback
- Supports photo slideshow/thumbnail view
- Measures 47.3 x 35.5 x 24mm / 1.86” x 1.4” x 0.94”
- Weighs 20g / 0.71oz /0.04 lb
- Product Dimensions: 47.3 x 35.5 x 24mm / 1.86″ x 1.4″ x 0.94″
- Product Weight: 20g / 0.71oz / 0.04 lb
- USB Transfer Speed: Max USB 3.0
- USB Power: Max 12W
- Supported File Format: FAT32, exFAT
- Compatible Devices: iPhone, iPad and Android
The HyperCube is set to release with an MSRP of $49.99, but they’re offering it to Kickstarter backers for 40% off ($29) through the Early Bird Special. Estimated delivery is set for August 2019.
Check out their Kickstarter campaign to find out more and grab your own, and the HyperShop to see the rest of HYPER products.