Wedding and party photographers running a photo booth may want to check out the new Primera Impressa IP60.
As it aims squarely at the market that DNP has worked on for many years, the Primera Impressa IP60 is promising to do, well, pretty much exactly what DNP has been doing for many years. Go to a trade show, an event, a wedding or a party that provides the opportunity to print photos and what you’ll see and get are something like what the Primera Impressa IP60 is aiming for. Ever get your prints done at Walgreens or Costco with that extra slick and shiny print quality that could withstand a spill of your friends’ questionable choice of Bud Light? Well, that’s print quality one typically gets with something akin to this.
With the Primera Impressa IP60, photographers are getting 4×6 prints that will pop out within seven seconds according to the press release. They’re also getting the same dye-sublimation process. Additionally, you’re going to be able to print on a number of other surfaces, though none of them are particularly exciting. And best of all, it’s made in the USA. We’ll let the press release speak for itself, see below.
Primera Introduces Impressa® IP60 Digital Color Photo Printer
New IP60 with inkjet technology offers extensive benefits over dye-sublimation including faster printing, higher resolution, low cost per print and more.
PLYMOUTH, MN, USA – Primera Technology, Inc., a leading manufacturer of digital color printers, today announced its Impressa IP60 Digital Color Photo Printer (“IP60”).
IP60 is a professional-grade color photo printer designed for heavy-duty use. It was designed specifically for applications including photo booths and event photography, photo studios, cruise ships, tourist attractions, holiday photos, amusement parks, family entertainment centers, location-based entertainment venues such as zip lines and ATV rides, night clubs and bars, retail photo finishing and more.
The list of advantages of IP60 over traditional digital photo printers that use dye-sublimation technology is extensive:
- Fastest Printing – 4 x 6 photos print in just 7 seconds each, and single 2 x 6 photo strips print in only 3.5 seconds.
- Low Cost Per Print – 4 x 6 photos, including ink and paper, have an average cost of just $0.12 each.
- Highest Print Resolution – up to 1200 x 4800 dpi. Similar priced dye-sublimation printers print at 300 dpi, while far more expensive models are still just 600 dpi.
- Lightest Weight – the entire printer weighs just 8 lbs. (3.6 kg). Comparable dye-sub printers weigh between 25 and 50 lbs. (11.4 kg to 23 kg).
- Widest Range of Substrates – gloss, luster, linen, repositionable adhesive papers, postcards and more are available.
- Most Versatile – print any length without changing out supplies. This allows operators to maximize their profits by offering larger print sizes. Print 2 x 6, 4 x 6, 6 x 6, 6 x 8, 6 x 12, or any other length up to 24”.
- Easy to Load – gone are the days of fussing with unruly ribbons. With IP60, simply remove the all-in-one print head with integrated ink tanks and snap in a new one.
- Dye- or Pigment-Based Inks: IP60 can use either dye or pigment inks. Use dye ink for the most vibrant and brilliant colors in photo booths, amusement and retail applications. Use pigment ink for the most accurate color renditions and to get archival-grade performance in applications such as wedding and portrait photos.
- Built in USA – Primera is one of only a few major printer manufacturers that still builds its products in the USA. The company’s headquarters and manufacturing plant are both located in Plymouth, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Pricing and Availability
IP60 is available now at www.primera.com, www.amazon.com, as well as through Primera Authorized Resellers worldwide that are specialized in digital photo solutions. IP60 sells for $899.99 (MSRP).