We photographers sure can get pretty spoiled by choice when it comes to our camera bags, and that’s not to say it’s a bad thing. In fact, we think it’s great to keep getting more options that fit our needs and lifestyle. The latest of these is the BlackForest K2, a new messenger style camera bag that is perfect for compact cameras and everyday shoots where you only need a few necessities with you.
We’ve previously reviewed BlackForest’s bigger Vinson Messenger Bag and really liked it. But if you’re wondering if that bag has a little brother, we now have the answer. If you’re the type who packs light for your everyday photo prowling, or you simply roll with the mirrorless compact life, the BlackForest K2 would be a perfect and stylish companion. It can fit a mirrorless or small DSLR camera body with the lens attached and still has room for an extra lens or other accessories. Handcrafted with sleek and classic messenger bag design, you can get it in either waxed, water-repellent cotton canvas or full grain leather, both finished with premium hardware details.
The interior is padded with closed-cell foam and removable inserts to keep your gear protected. A front zipped pocket and two side pockets can hold small accessories and personal items. The detachable and adjustable strap is also padded so you can comfortably carry your gear. With its compact form, the K2 can also serve as an insert for use with a larger bag.
- Side, bottom, front and back cell foam padding for extra protection
- Padded adjustable shoulder strap
- Front zipped pocket with microSD, CF card slots and accessories
- Side pockets for quick access
- Waxed water repellent canvas / full grain leather
- Full grain Leather trims
- Premium cotton twill interlining
- YKK zips & premium hardware
- Outside specs – 10” L x 7” H x 4.5” D
- Inside specs – 9” L x 6” H x 4.0” D
- Weight – 0.8 kgs ( cotton canvas) / 1.0 kg (all leather)
Check out the BlackForest Bags website to find out more and grab the K2, and browse through their collection of messenger camera bags.