Last Updated on 11/07/2017 by Chris Gampat
The Reflex camera is the first new film SLR in years to come to life
It’s time to get very, very excited in the world of film photography. For the first time in many years, we’re getting a brand new film SLR camera. Reflex has teased their appearance for a while now and today on Kickstarter we’re getting a brand new camera with an M42 mount and a whole lot more. You see, the Reflex camera is a brand new 35mm film SLR camera that takes things a step beyond. It’s primarily an M42 mount camera but the mount is apparently interchangeable. It can use Canon FD, Nikon F?, Olympus OM or Pentax PK glass with the right plate. Then there’s the back, which comes off in the same way that medium format cameras have interchangeable backs so to speak. But then things are taken even a step further.
Reflex is announcing via Kickstarter that they’ve got a stretch goal that will incorporate the use of an app. This app will sync with your camera to get the EXIF data for each photo that you fired. Crazy, right? That’s a film photographer’s dream if anything! It will be connected via Bluetooth.
Beyond this, there is 1/4000 shutter speeds, manual and aperture priority, and the entire thing is made from a magnesium alloy body.
- Type: Single Lens Reflex Camera
- Format: 135 film, 35mm/FF
- System: Reflex RM
- Lens Mount: Reflex I-Plate (in M42, Nikon F, Canon FD, Olympus OM, Pentax PK)
- Focus: Manual
- Film Loading: Reflex I-Back
- Film Advance/Rewind: Manual
- Exposure: Manual – Aperture Priority (+ 4 stops EV)
- DOF inverted preview
- Shutter Speeds: 1s – 1/4000th, Time and Bulb
- Metering: AV + Spot + 4 stops EV
- ISO: 25-6400
- Controller: Arduino based modular design
- Connectivity: Bluetooth (BLE) enabled
- Body: Magnesium Alloy
- Weight: 490g
- Dimensions: 134mm x 74.5mm x 34mm
- Electronic system: 5v Ion Lithium rechargeable via USB-C
- Resolution: Zero Megapixels
You can check out even more over at the Reflex Kickstarter.