There’s been a growing trend in the photography world for a few years now where photographers tend to blend their poetry into working alongside their photos. Think of it as captioning or almost like writing those really great posts on Instagram; except that it’s poetry. Many photographers even make them into books or collaborate with other artists to do them.
Either way, we’d love to feature those more artistic parts of the photography world and we’re currently taking submissions. Details are below.
How to Submit Your Poetry and Photography Together
- Shoot us an email at email@example.com
- Send us all appropriate imagery with your poems at 1000 pixels on the long side
- Images should be attached to the email, not Google/Gmail attachments
- Poetry should be ideally written into the post
- Tell us about who you are as a photographer. How did you get into photography? What about your specific genre?
- How did you get into poetry?
- What made you want to blend the two together?
We’ll go through the submissions and then get back to you after we’re all done.