One of those features that is really being pushed hard is the HSS (high speed sync) capabilities. The Profoto B1X can do this with Canon, Nikon, Sony and Olympus camera systems. Most photographers don’t always need to find a way to overpower the sun in a big way, but when you can, it’s really amazing. In fact, the flash duration can be up to 1/19,000th while you can fire your shutter at 1/8000th.
More tech specs are below.
- Energy range: 2-500Ws (9 f-stops)
- Recycling time:0.1-1.9 (Quick burst up to 20 flashes/second)
- Max modeling light: 24W LED (Output equivalent to 130W Halogen)
- Flash duration normal mode (t0.5): 1/11,000 s (2Ws) – 1/1,000 s (500Ws)
- Flash duration freeze mode (t0.5): 1/19,000 s (2Ws) – 1/1,000 s (500Ws)
- High Speed Sync: Up to 1/8,000s with 9 f-stop power range
- Guide number @2m / 100 ISO with Magnum Reflector: 45 2/10
- Display: High-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface.
– 14 cm (5.5”)
– 31 cm (12.2”)
– 21 cm (8.3”)
- Weight: 3 kg (6.6 lbs) including battery
- Radio sync and control:
Yes, built in AirTTL supporting wireless sync, control and TTL. Fully integrated with other AirTTL flashes such as B2 and D2. (Requires an Air Remote TTL that is sold separately.)
- Recommended Accessories for Air:
– 901039 Air Remote TTL-C for Canon
– 901040 Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon
– 901045 Air Remote TTL-S for Sony
– 901046 Air Remote TTL-O for Olympus
– 901031 Air Remote for most DSLRs and medium format cameras.