We’re looking to feature portrait photographers for the month of August and if you’ve got a portrait project, a kick ass portfolio, or really amazingly stunning single portraits, we’d love to interview or feature your work right here on the Phoblographer.
We’re keeping with the themes that we’ve been working with as this month has been about photographers who capture, the previous month was about creative imagery.
Head on past the jump for the details.
For Submission to Be Interviewed or Featured
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS. SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED OTHERWISE AND MAY HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE SPAM FOLDER.
– Subject line of your email should be: Photography Submission: (Your name here)
– Shoot an email at editors[at]thephoblographer[dot]com. You’ll also probably notice the little call to feature you on the sidebar.
– Describe yourself as a photographer. Think about the who, what, when, where, how and why.
– List a number of your websites and social media pages
– Explain why the readers want to see your work., or why your project is really cool.
– Show 10 photos at 1000 pixels on the long side that demonstrate some of your best work.
I will review all of your submissions and get back to you based on the volume of emails. Don’t let this discourage you, it’s just the introductory pitch.
For Creating the Photograph
If you have a photo that makes great use of off-camera lighting, submit it for our Creating the Photograph series. We’ve been working on this series for a very long time and people tend to really love it.
For this we’d need:
- Talk about the concept
- Give us a detailed gear list
- Walk us through what happened during the shoot
- Show us BTS images (or other images from the shoot) and a lighting diagram
- Walk us through the post production and give us screenshots
- Show us the image before editing and after editing
- All images must be 1000 pixels on the long side
- Include a bio about you and websites/social media pages for us to cite and credit to you.
If we like what you’ve done, we’ll contact you!
Editor in Chief