It’s a known fact that restaurant owners want folks to stop photographing their food and instead just eat the glorious work of art that they spent hours and days learning to make just perfectly for you to enjoy and to complain about the price. But it seems like Canon wants to encourage you to take your food photos–because that’s one of the biggest changes that on the new Canon Rebel T6.
It’s sort of a brand new camera. The major upgrades from the Canon Rebel T5 are:
- An upgraded LCD screen from 460k dots to 920k dots
- WiFi and NFC
- DIGIC 4+ processor from DIGIC 4
- Food mode
- Scene intelligent auto mode
But otherwise, it’s mostly the same camera. Same 18MP APS-C sensor, same 3fps shooting, same 9 AF points, etc. The Rebel series of cameras aren’t at all bad; but they’ve seen very little true innovation since the SL1.
Tech specs are after the jump.
From the press release:
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR camera offers a wide range of features including:
- 18.0 Megapixel Canon CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent image quality and speedy operation.
- ISO 100–6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC connectivity* for easy sharing to smart devices, social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- 9‐point AF system (including one center cross‐type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results.
- High-performance Optical Viewfinder helps facilitate quick and accurate focusing by firmly framing and capturing the subject at hand.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor with 920,000 dots for easy viewing and reviewing.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera is compatible with the entire Canon EF and EF-S lens system including over 60 current models enabling users to capture their world in different perspectives ranging from Fisheye to Super-Telephoto. Scheduled for availability in April 2016, the estimated retail price of the Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera will be $549.99** when bundled with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II standard zoom lens.