It’s rare to see lenses funded on Kickstarter, but the new CM33 seems to be one that could show lots of promise for mirrorless camera users. The lens is being developed for Sony E mount (or FE in APS-C mode), Canon M, and Fujifilm X series cameras. It’s being billed as a pancake 33mm lens with manual focus and modern optics.
Part of the design involves being able to focus very closely–we’re talking about 5 and a half inches.
More tech specs and the company’s Kickstarter video are after the jump.
CM33 Technical Specifications:
- Focal length: 33mm on APS-C (50mm full frame equivalent)
- Maximum aperture: f/2.0
- Lens construction: 5* elements in 4 groups (* plus plano Mod pathlength corrector lens)
- Minimum focus distance: 5.5 inch (140mm), 0.25x magnification
- Horizontal field of view: 39°
- Dimensions: Length 1.0 inch (26mm), Diam. 2.4 inch (61mm)
- Filter thread: Ø52mm, with filter adapter
- Mount options: Fuji X / Sony E (including FE in APS-C mode) / Canon M