Sony’s A7 and A7r are both two of the hottest cameras currently available on the market. But they just got even better. Sony’a A7 is already the better focusing camera of the two, but now it’s become even better. In the new firmware announced today, both cameras get boosts in AF speed performance but the A7 can use Fast Hybrid AF–which makes the focusing on Sony’s cameras even faster–or at least with certain lenses.
They’re also stating that the image quality has improved, though they’re not clear on exactly how that has changed. Additionally, the NEX 6 and many of the 5 models are enjoying updates.
This utility updates for the ILCE-7R and ILCE-7 camera firmware to version 1.02 and provides the following benefits:
- Provides support for the SEL70200G lens
– Improves auto focus speed
– Supports the “Fast Hybrid AF” function (ILCE-7 ONLY)
– Supports future compatible E mount lenses
– Adds the “Focus hold button” function
- Reduces start-up time when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
- Improves image quality
- Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and adds additional features
– Supports the “Liveview Grading” and “Smooth Reflection” applications
– Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the “Time-lapse” application ver. 2.00 and later
Sony A7R Camera Firmware Update
Sony A7 Camera Firmware Update
Sony also released firmware updates for the NEX-6, NEX-5T and NEX-5R cameras: