Adobe issued a notice recently about a fix to Lightroom bugs, and in their latest release candidate (5.2) they aim to try to squash lots of them. According to them, “The release candidates correct issues reported in Lightroom 5.0 and Camera Raw 8.1, including refinements to the Spot Healing Brush, Local Adjustment Brush and Noise Reduction tools. In addition, raw file format support is added for a number of cameras, such as the Canon EOS 70D, Fujifilm X-M1 and Sony DSC-RX1R.”
But there are new changes too: such as the addition of a smoothness adjustment slider to the detail panel, and loads more.
Still haven’t made the upgrade to Lightroom 5? Check out our review: we love it! More details are after the jump, and you can download the new update right here.
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 5 have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 5 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate in our Feedback Portal (link – https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family)
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate
- Canon EOS 70D *
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
- Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix F805EXR
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Phase One IQ260 *
- Sony DSC-RX1R
- Sony DSC-RX100 II*
* denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate
|Sony||Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF16mm F2.8|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero3 Black|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero3 Silver|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero3 White|
Lightroom 5.2 RC includes the following new features:
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment