Adobe just released a new candidate for Lightroom and Camera RAW. And with it all comes a list of major bug fixes and camera support according to Lightroom Journal. If you don’t have Lightroom yet, it is available at an extremely affordable price right now. You can also download the Lightroom and Camera Raw updates at Adobe Labs.
List of New Cameras Supported
• Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i
• Canon EOS M
• Fuji FinePix F800EXR
• Leaf Credo 40
• Leaf Credo 60
• Nikon 1 J2
• Panasonic DMC-FZ200
• Panasonic DMC-G5
• Panasonic DMC-LX7
• Pentax K-30
• Sony DSC-RX100
Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 4.2 Release Candidate
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Folder stacks with virtual copies get unstacked when moving to another folder
- Stacked photos get hidden in both the Grid view and Filmstrip. This occurs when photos get unstacked as a result of enabling auto-stacking.
- Errors encountered when publishing videos to Facebook through the Facebook Publish Service
- Users may have occurred problems when trying to enter the Web Module from Library.
- Unable to edit JPEG photos in Photoshop Elements
- Unable to upload files to Flickr if there is a carriage return in either the Title or Caption fields (Win only).
- Background graphics that are applied to a Book globally may not appear as expected in a Saved PDF.
- Certain book covers had spine text positioned in a Horizontal manner, not Vertical.
- Double byte characters are not being exported to PDF in Books
- Photos were exported with original GPS coordinates recorded by the camera, not with the GPS coordinates updated in Lightroom.
- Keyboard shortcuts in the Develop module sometimes do not work when editing an image in Process Version PV2010.
- Parents and synonyms of “do not export” keywords also do not export.
- Audio does not play in video files after creating a slideshow containing music (win7 only)
- Tether support not working for Nikon D4, D800 , and D800E (win only)
New Camera Support in the Camera Raw 7.1 Release Candidate
- Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i
- Canon EOS M
- Fuji FinePix F800EXR
- Leaf Credo 40
- Leaf Credo 60
- Nikon 1 J2
- Panasonic DMC-FZ200
- Panasonic DMC-G5
- Panasonic DMC-LX7
- Pentax K-30
- Sony DSC-RX100
New Lens Profile Support in the Camera Raw 7.1 Release Candidate
|Canon||Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM|
|Canon||Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM|
|Canon||Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM|
|Canon||Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM|
|Canon||Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 ZE|
|Canon||Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZE|
|Leica||LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH.|
|Leica||LEICA APO MACRO SUMMARIT-S 120 mm f/2.5 (CS)|
|Leica||LEICA ELMARIT-S 30 mm f/2.8 ASPH. (CS)|
|Leica||LEICA SUMMARIT-S 35 mm f/2.5 ASPH. (CS)|
|Leica||LEICA SUMMARIT-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. (CS)|
|Leica||LEICA APO ELMAR-S 180 mm f/3.5 (CS)|
|Leica||LEICA VARIO-ELMAR-S 30-90 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.|
|Leica||LEICA SUPER-ELMAR-S 24 mm f/3.5 ASPH|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR|
|Nikon||Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM|
|Nikon||Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A007N|
|Nikon||Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 ZF.2|
|Nikon||Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZF.2|
|Pentax||Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS|
|Pentax||Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8|
|Pentax||Pentax smc DA 645 25mm F4 AL (IF) SDM AW|
|Pentax||Pentax smc D FA 645 25mm F4 AL (IF) SDM AW|
|Pentax||Sigma 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC HSM|
|Sigma||Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM|
|Sony||Sigma 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC HSM|
|Sony||Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro|
Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate Notes
These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate:
- Cannot change “Erase” size, feather and flow settings while utilizing the Option key.
- Cannot write metadata to images previously opened in some 3rd party software.
- Luminance Noise slider is unresponsive when Clarity is greater than 0.
- In certain cases, the new Defringe controls can cause vertical streaks to appear.
- Some images from Canon 5D Mark II exhibited pattern noise in the form of maze/green split artifacts.
- Adjusting the Blue channel does not affect monochrome images.
- Certain TIFF files can cause Bridge to become unstable.
- Defringe settings are not retained when editing the file in Photoshop as a Smart Object and then returning to ACR.
Known Issues in Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate:
- A high number of artifacts exist in ACR text fields in the Panel. This occurs only in OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- The File-Quit menu item is greyed out in DNG Converter. Please use keyboard shortcut Command+Q to exit out of DNG Converter. This occurs only on the Mac platform.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.