Last Updated on 07/18/2012 by Felix Esser
43Rumors received loads and loads of leaks on the G5 and apparently, it had leaked before from other technology sites. But today, it and various other items have been made official by Panasonic. Leading the pack is the G5: which succeeds the previous G3 that was raved about by forum lurkers for its amazing image quality and solidly designed body.
But there seems to be more though: Panasonic also announced their LX-5 successor, the LX-7. Most prominently, the new camera sports an f1.4 lens. All the tech specs you care about are after the jump.
– 16.05 MP Live MOS Sensor
– Redesigned Venus Engine Image Processor
– 3.0″ Touch Screen LCD (vari-angle)
– Shooting HD video at 1080 60p
– Contrast AF
– Live View Finder with Eye Sensor and button to select to use the finder or the LCD screen
– Three custom function buttons
– Electronic Silent Shutter Mode
– 14 Adjustable In-camera Filters
– Stereo microphone
– Includes Lumix-G Vario 14-42mm Lens
– 1/1.7″ 10.1MP MOS Sensor
– Venus Engine Image Processor
– Leica DC Vario-Summilux 24mm (widest) lens
– 3.8x Optical Zoom Lens (f1.4 to f2.3)
– 3.0″ 920K LCD
– Full HD 1080 Video Recording
– RAW and RAW+JPEG Recording Options
– Time Lapse Shot Function
– 12.1 MP MOS Sensor
– LSI Venus Engine Image Processor
– 25-600mm constant f2.8 Leica Optical Zoom Lens
– 3.0″ Free Angle 460K-dot LCD Display
– 0.2″ Electronic View Finder w/ 100% FOV
– 12 fps Continuous Shooting
– RAW and RAW+JPEG Recording Option
– HD video at 60p
Panasonic also announced a 45-150mm f4-5.6 lens, LZ20, FZ60B and SZ5 targeted at the more entry level market.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.