Last Updated on 03/03/2011 by Chris Gampat
Just letting you all know that we’re hiring new staff members, so let’s get right into this. The ideal candidates will:
– Have great photography knowledge and be able to write well. While all articles go through my eyes and the Copy Editor’s, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Be able to contribute 2-3 times a week
– Be able to review gear, write features, and write posting that teach new things to our readers
– Be super friendly: which is something that we’ve prided ourselves on here since Day 1.
– Know how to use WordPress
– Meet deadlines well
– Communicate with myself and the rest of the staff quickly
– Be well versed in social media like Twitter, Facebook and Flickr
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story.
Now here are the plusses that give you an edge:
– If you’re a current B&H and/or Amazon affiliate, we will allow you to use your links in your posting here on The Phoblographer.
– If you’re located in NYC (or around it) you’ll be able to accompany me to meetings with vendors and you’ll get to bond closer with some of the staff members.
– If you’re familiar with The Phoblographer’s style of doing things (have been a long time reader and can figure out what makes us different than other places like DPReview) then you’ll have an even larger edge because you’ll meld in very easily.
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus
If you think you’ve got what it takes: shoot me an email at chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com with a resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio link, and then we’ll take it from there. In the subject line, please put: Application for The Phoblographer (Your name here)
As for how many people we’re hiring: it depends on how many great candidates we get. I’m looking forward to reviewing your application.