After reporting about the Pentax 645D for a little while now, it is apparently official. Not only this but there is also a 55mm F2.8 lens that has been announced too. Tech specs and main features after the jump. DPReview has more and you can see more in the respective links. Keep reading as Pentax has made some very interesting choices in the creation of these products.
– Targeted towards high level professionals
– Compatible with the current 645 system lenses by Pentax
– 40MP Kodak sensor (CCD) 44×33
– Dual SD/SDHC card slots (no CF)
– Prime II imaging engine
– Tempered glass LCD panels
– 11 point AF sensor
– In camera HDR
– ISO 200-1000
– There is no firewire connection, so unlike other medium format cameras, tethering (if it is even in there) may be limited to USB 2.0.
– $9,400 in May
– 43.5mm 35mm equivalent field of view
– Weather-resistant construction
– Rounded diaphragm for better “bokeh”
– Both auto focus and manual focus