We at the Phoblographer would love to cultivate conversations around our favorite camera gear.
I think you can agree that there’s a ton of negativity, toxicity, and emotionally jarring things in the media right now. So we want to do our part to remind the world about the things that bring us joy. And we’re starting with you. We know that tons of you have your gear allegiances. The cult of Pentax indeed has a ton to say. The church of Sony often touts that its technology is so strong. Erstwhile, the Clan of Fujifilm adores its tactile feelings. So we’d like to share your thoughts with our community in a new series we’re doing called, “My Favorite Camera.” Ideally, folks will share a story, and we’ll have lots of back and forth in the comments about this kind of stuff. Here’s how to submit.
How to Submit to My Favorite Camera
Shoot us an email at editors[at]thePhoblographer.com
Email subject: My Favorite Camera: Your name, Your Favorite Camera
Answer a few questions for us:
- Talk to us about how you first got into photography. Tell us about the who, what, when, where, how, and why. Be specific
- How did you cultivate your current creative vision?
- Who or what inspires you these days? Get in touch with your own thoughts and emotions and share them with us.
- What’s your favorite camera or lens? It can be digital, a phone, or analog! Pick one and talk about it.
- Was there anyone or anything that inspired you to get this camera?
- What about this camera made it seem right for you?
- How long did it last you? Is it still with you? If it isn’t, tell us about what happened to it.
- What do you think manufacturers aren’t doing these days that you loved so much about that camera specifically?
- Share 12 images at 3000 pixels on the long side with us. Ideally, one of them will be of the camera. Even better if you’re in the photo with the camera, so folks know who’s speaking to them in the post!
- Tell us what websites, social media pages, etc. you’d like us to credit to you in the post. If you’ve got a project, a YouTube channel, a podcast, etc. that you’d also love promoted, we’ll happily add in links and embed videos too. Brand ambassadors are welcome to share with us too!
We’re looking forward to your submissions!