The Classifieds are quick announcements sandwiched into a long blog post for photographers during the Coronavirus scare.
We’re rounding up some important news that we haven’t necessarily seen anywhere else into a single long blog post. It’s your briefing on a bunch of stuff you may find interesting. All of these are from photography companies. You can see the entire list below. Want to be featured? Send your event/offering with a description and links to chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com. We will only feature free things right now.
Fujifilm’s Students of Storytelling Contest
FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the Fujifilm “Students of Storytelling” contest. This program will allow full or part-time college students in the US who are interested in photography to enter to win up to $3,000 worth of FUJIFILM gear.
The submission period will be from April 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020. Once the submission phase starts, you can enter by going to this website and follow the steps to complete the entry form. The judging phase will begin on June 1, 2020 and end on June 15, 2020. Winners will be selected and provided with the FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System gear, along with a dedicated hashtag for posting their story images and video as they are created, from June 15, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
Free Streaming of the Nikon School Online Curriculum for the Month of April
Nikon School Online provides photographers with convenient and easy-to-follow instructional videos that can be accessed anywhere, anytime. Whether a beginner looking to step up from smartphone photography or a passionate enthusiast looking to enhance their skill set, creators will be excited to explore Nikon School’s entire online curriculum directly from their living room! Taught by prominent professional photographers, the courses span a variety of topics so storytellers can find their passions, learning everything from video capture and macro photography to landscapes and portraiture.
Nikon School Online Curriculum – Stream Every Class for Free:
- Creator’s Mindset: Creating Video Content with Z 50 with Kitty Peters
- Photographing Children and Pets with Tamara Lackey
- Getting Started with Your Nikon DSLR
- Hands-on with SB-5000 Speedlight with Joe McNally
- Fundamentals of Photography with Reed Hoffmann
- Environmental Portraiture with Joey Terrill
- The Art of Making Music Videos with Chris Hershman
- Beyond the Fundamentals of Photography with Reed Hoffman
- Discovering Macro Photography with Joey Terrill
- Exploring Dynamic Landscape Photography with Taylor Glenn
To access the courses, and for more information, please visit The Nikon School Online.
The Coronavirus Hub
The American Photographic Artists have created a hub for the CoronaVirus and all the information photographers should check out.
Free Leica Akademie Classes
- Akademie Talk (April 5 @ 4PM ET): Join Leica as we explore the topic of family as a subject in photography with fine art photographers Ashly Stohl & Gus Powell where attendees will gain insight to their creative practice to refresh how they see the people closest to them. Register to attend here.
- Social Photo Challenge: Beginning April 6, photographers can share a photo of their family from a fresh perspective for another chance to win a feature on @LeicaCameraUSA and a bespoke Akademie class. Once again, all entries must include #StayHomeWithLeica to be considered! The winner will be announced on Saturday, April 11.
April 14th: Selling Your Fine Art Photography
American Photographic Artists have a webinar on this on April 14th.
Tamron’s Facebook Challenge
Facebook challenge #lockedinwithyourlenses where this week is focused on macro/close-up photography.
Canson and MOAB Have Free Webinars and Lectures
Here’s a link to Canson’s educational program with free classes beginning 4/9
They’ll be introducing more webinars/videos soon.
WANDRD Is Doing a Lot of Things
Doing mini WANDRD workshops on IG on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They also launched a photo contest those details are below:
From My Window Photography Contest!
Sometimes we wander abroad and sometimes we wander in our own backyards. Right now it’s time to wander responsibly from the comfort of our own homes, taking the opportunity to explore our surroundings through a new perspective.
PHOTO CONTEST PRIZES:
1st: Sony a7iii & FE 28-70mm lens & the PRVKE pack
2nd: HEXAD Access Duffel + Essential Camera Cube
3rd: VEER 18L & Detour Hip Pack
HOW TO ENTER THE PHOTO CONTEST:
- Post your From My Window photo to your IG main feed
- Tag @WANDRD in the caption and on the photo
- Use #wandrdfrommywindow in the caption
- Make sure you are following @WANDRD @sonyalpha