While color management is a crucial part of today’s professional photography workflow, getting the colors right all the way to prints can be challenging. For this, X-Rite just dropped the third generation of the i1Photo Pro 3 spectrophotometer, redesigned to be more accurate, reliable, and twice as fast than its predecessor. Whether you’re getting into making demanding prints or looking to improve your print workflow, this tool could prove useful for you.
According to X-Rite, this latest version comes with notable improvements in terms of device speed and accuracy, as well as support for high-brightness displays. These features make it a color management tool that delivers accurate colors throughout the workflow — from capture through editing, sharing, and printing.
This new release comes with the following specific enhancements and features:
- Offers a custom, full-spectrum LED light source, which allows for single-pass scanning and improves device reliability and accuracy.
- Measures M0, M1, and M2 simultaneously in a single pass while accounting for optical brighteners. Photographers can quickly predict how colors printed on optically-brightened photo papers will look under different lighting conditions.
- Reads smaller patch sizes (6mm x 6mm) twice as fast as the i1Pro 2 with improved accuracy. Users can read more patches per target in both spot and scanning modes for less pages to print and scan.
- Achieves correct calibration on ultra-bright displays (up to 5K NITs). Matches up to four displays connected to a single computer and unlimited displays connected to different computers.
- Optimizes automated file creation with the option to include the new i1iO Automated Scanning Table for i1Pro 3. Adding hands-free test chart reading saves operators time and materials during production.
For those who are learning about this tool just now, it combines hardware and software solutions that allow photographers to quickly and easily create their own custom profiles for cameras, monitors, projectors, scanners, and RGB printers, ensuring that the colors are true, all the way to print.
X-Rite has also announced the availability of other i1Photo Pro 3 Plus solutions. The i1Basic Pro 3 Plus includes monitor calibration and quality control for monitors and printers, while the i1Publish Pro 3 Plus comes with a CMYK+ printer modules plus all i1Photo Pro 3 Plus features. The i1Photo Pro 3 Plus also has advanced capabilities to support substrates that are more challenging to profile, such as textured and glossy photo media, ceramics, textiles, glass, plastics, thin films, cardboard, among others. All models also come with the latest version of i1Profiler professional color profiling software.
Visit xritephoto.com for more information about this new release.