With Mother’s Day being next month, the announcement of the new Panasonic G95 seems like quite an interesting announcement to release today. The new camera is boasting very efficient autofocusing abilities, a modest 20.3MP sensor, dual axis IS, 9fps shooting, and weather sealing. Honestly, this sound like everything that most people need in a package of around $1,200. That and they’ve got a new lens. See all the details after the jump.
- 20.3MP Four Thirds sensor
- 5 axis Dual IS
- Contrast AF with DFD
- 9 fps shooting
- It integrates an OLED LVF (Live View Finder) with 2360K-dot high resolution in approximately 1.48x / 0.74x (35mm camera equivalent) magnification capability. The free-angle large 3.0-inch LCD rear monitor with approximately 1240K-dot resolution provides a touch control system, making shooting at high and low angles easier.
- The LUMIX G95 includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi® connectivity to offer a more flexible shooting experience and easily share images instantly. Bluetooth 4.2 (called BLE: Bluetooth Low Energy) compatibility enables constant connection with a smartphone or tablet with minimum power consumption.
- The camera’s battery can be recharged either via AC or USB according to the users’ convenience. The Battery Grip DMW-BGG1 (sold separately) empowers comfortable, longer-time shooting.
- …As a result, the LUMIX G95 achieves high-speed AF of approximately 0.07 sec*2 and high-speed burst shooting at 9 fps (AFS) / 6 fps (AFC) to capture fast-moving subjects just in-focus.
- The Low Light AF enables focusing on the subject more precisely, even without an AF assist lamp, thanks to the newly adopted algorithm optimized for low-light, low-contrast situations. It is effective in extremely low-lit situations down to -4EV, as dark as under moon light. A total of 49 focus detection areas enable more flexible composition, together with the Custom Multi AF mode, with which users can freely select the blocks to focus on. Focus peaking is also available for precision manual focusing.
- Three newly-added buttons located in line on the top let the user adjust exposure, ISO and white balance. Buttons on the back are positioned centering on the wheel dial to provide quick access to the target item in both shooting and playback. The front/rear dual dial system with dial operation switch enables direct setting. The grip is also redesigned for a more stable and comfortable hold.To withstand heavy field use, the LUMIX G95 boasts a rugged design with a front structure composed of a magnesium alloy full die-cast front frame. Seals at every joint, dial and button also make the camera splash/dust-resistant* .
- The Lumix G95 will be available at valued channel partners in May for $1199.99
Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm* / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- …the new LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA14140) features a splash/dust-resistant* construction for heavy field use yet retains its stylishly compact profile remains lightweight.
- Comprised of 14 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses to achieve dramatic downsizing of the powerful 10x optical zoom lens, while minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration.
- The LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA14140) is built with a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare.
- Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings.
- The LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm will be available at valued channel partners in May for $599.99.