Ever wanted to learn flash photography but are intimidated with the technicalities of things? Hopefully, Profoto’s latest accessory could be of assistance. Profoto Connect is a button-free remote trigger that aims to make flash simple and easy for every photographer. By making their newest remote trigger completely button-free, Profoto believes that achieving beautiful lighting and experimenting with Profoto flashes will be effortlessly simple; no more complex buttons and menus that you’ll find on a typical remote trigger.
The small and discreet pod connects to your camera’s hot shoe and comes with only three settings: auto, manual, and off. If you’re just getting into working with flash, this could be a nifty tool for you.
The auto mode uses TTL, which automatically calculates the correct flash exposure so all you essentially do is point and shoot. If you want to get more control, switch to manual mode and adjust the power on the flash unit. Or, adjust it from your smartphone: the Profoto Connect links directly to the Profoto app.
If you’re always on the go and often shoot in various locations, the new Profoto Connect is recommended for pairing with the Profoto A1, the smallest studio light. Watch natural light shooter Audrey Woulard at work with this combo:
Profoto Connect Features
- Button-free trigger for all Profoto AirTTL lights
- Attach to your camera’s hot shoe to wirelessly connect camera and light
- Three settings: auto, manual, and off
- Auto mode: point and shoot with automatic flash power
- Manual mode: fine-tune the flash settings
- Smart connectivity with the Profoto app (compatible with iPhone 7 and later)
- Small, lightweight, and minimalistic design
- Built-in rechargeable LiPo battery – 30h battery life
- Available for Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm, and Olympus
Profoto Connect (for all brands) includes
1 x Profoto Connect
1 x Charging cable (USB-C to USB-A)
1 x Protective case
Diameter: 45 mm (1.77 in)
Height: 29 mm (1.14 in)
43 g (0.09 lbs)
Smartphone control: Yes, via Bluetooth through Profoto app
Profoto AirTTL: Yes
Operation modes: Auto/Manual
Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
No. of frequency channels: 8
Range: Up to 300m (1000 ft) (free line of sight in open space)
Typical battery lifetime: >30 hours
Profoto app for iPhone
Visit the Profoto website to find out more about the Profoto Connect.