Considering the abuse that we’ve put the Fujifilm GFX 50R through, we’re pretty confident that the new Fujifilm GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens should be able to survive all of that too. In fact, the only product photos that Fujifilm sent us for this new lens are those where the lens is in the field and roughing it out in the snow. This new lens is the latest zoom option to come to the medium format world and it keeps a constant f5.6 aperture throughout the range. Now, if you’re a full frame 35mm film/digital shooter, then these focal lengths seem odd. But if you convert it to 35mm then it’s more or less a 79-158mm f4.4 lens. Sort of odd for sure, but useful if you need it.
Here are some key features from the press release:
- Ultra-High Image Quality: The lens is made up of 20 elements in 13 groups including two super Extra Low Dispersion Glass lenses and one aspherical lens to reduce chromatic and field curvature aberrations.
- Powerful Image Stabilization: Equipped with an excellent five stop image stabilization (CIPA guidelines), the lens allows photographers to make the most of the GFX’s high image resolution performance even without the use of a tripod.
- Silent and High-Speed Autofocus: The linear motor which drives the focus is accurate, quiet and fast. The lens also includes an enhanced mechanism for fixing the linear motor position when turning the power off or using playback mode to avoid any additional vibration.
- Robust Durable Design, Appropriate for Tough Shooting Environments: The lens is sealed across 10 areas for dust and weather resistance allowing photographers to shoot with stability in tough environments.
- GF1.4X TC WR Compatible: The 1.4x teleconverter (GF1.4X TC WR) extends the telephoto shooting range to 140-280mm (equivalent to 111-221mm in 35mm format) while maintaining superior image quality.
The Fujifilm GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR lens will be available in late February 2019 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $1,999.95 and CAD $2,599.99.
Specifications for the GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR
|Type||FUJINON LENS GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR|
|Lens configuration||20 elements 13.groups
(includes 1 aspherical element and 2 super ED elements ）
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)||f=100-200mm (79-158mm)|
|Angle of view||30.6°-15.6°|
Number of blades
9（rounded diaphragm opening）
1/3EV (16 steps)
|Focus range||0.6m～∞ (Wide)
|Max. magnification||0.2x (Wide)|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
（distance from camera lens mount flange）
|Φ89.5mm x 183mm
(excluding caps ）
|Accessories included||Lens cap FLCP-67II
Lens rear cap RLCP-002
Tripod collar foot