The Phoblographer is looking for a Tech Specialized News Writer. Want to apply? See below!
Tech Specialized News Writer(s)
To expand our news team and prepare for a number of big industry-wide changes, in addition to constantly staying on top of the news machine.
We’re specifically looking for a news writer with knowledge of the photography world’s technology sector.
– Must be proficient with WordPress
– Strong command of the English language; the American dialect and spelling is a plus.
– Previous news writing experience
– Will be able to demonstrate knowledge of copyright laws as they pertain to using images, etc.
– Must have industry technical knowledge; artistic photography knowledge is a nice plus!
– One to two news posts per business day. Usually pieces are a minimum of 300 words each. This is a freelance job. No one on staff (except for me) needs to work more than 8 to 12 hours a week. Mental health is very important to us.
– Must be able to meet deadlines
– Must work well with a team and be able to take guidance (sometimes constructive criticism) well
– You’ll have a trial period.
– Monetary payments done through PayPal, QuickPay, Venmo or check. The Phoblographer is well known for fair and honest compensation amongst the photography blogging world.
– We have a very serious non-compete policy.
– Your location does not matter; but we have a preference for folks in Asia and Europe due to how our process works. However, I highly encourage folks from the US, Canada, etc interested in the position to apply.
How to Apply
Skip the resume and send an awesome cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org citing all the best stuff you’ve done, along with three writing samples demonstrating that you can do the type of work we’re looking for. Links to your website, portfolio, and the writing samples should be included.
Be sure to make the subject line say your name and the position you’re going for. For example: Chris Gampat: News/Culture Writer Position.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by me. Good luck to all applicants!