There’s a brand new Fujifilm camera on the market: the Fujifilm X-T100. More than anything else, it’s aiming at the entry level photography crowd with its gold, black and silver color options. But in addition to that, it gives photographers most of the features that the company’s higher end cameras have, but isn’t anywhere as feature packed as something like the Fujifilm X-H1. Crammed into the new Fujifilm X-T100 is the company’s 24.2MP APS-C sensor (and it isn’t X Trans). There’s a 3″ LCD screen, ISO 200-51,200, 4K video, Bluetooth. WiFi, and a battery life of approximate 430 images according to Fujifilm’s claims.
There’s also a detachable grip because the camera is overall pretty small. Despite this, it was designed to look like the other more SLR-inspired cameras.
Personally, I’m not sure how it’s going to do in sales. It’s very powerful and very feature packed, but these days I feel like many people simply just go straight to the top if they really want a camera. We’ll have to see though!
FUJIFILM X-T100 Key Features
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and high-speed imaging processor equipped with Phase Detection AF system
- 3” (approx. 1,040K-dot) high resolution LCD touchscreen can be tilted 3 ways
- Standard output sensitivity of ISO200 – ISO12800
- Extended output sensitivity: ISO100 – ISO51200
- 4K video recording up to approx. 30 mins
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p, Continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- HD 1280 x 720 59.94p / 50p / 24p / 23.98p, Continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- High Speed Movie 1280×720 / 1.6x / 2x / 3.3x / 4x, Continuous recording up to approx. 7 min.
- Bluetooth® version 4.1 low energy technology
- Wi-Fi® image transfer and remote camera operation
- Improved battery life for still images – approx. 430 frames
- Start-up period:
- 0.4 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON
- 0.8 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
- Photos can be sent to instax SHARE printers using the free “instax SHARE” app
- Accessories include:
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S
- AC power adapter
- Plug Adapter
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Owner’s manual
- Detachable Grip
Availability and Pricing
Kits and cameras will be available in Black, Dark Silver, and Champagne Gold. Dark Silver and Champagne Gold are two exciting colors new to the X Series lineup, seen for the first time in the X-T100.
The new FUJIFILM X-T100 will be available as a kit with the FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens on June 18, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $699.95 and CAD $899.99.
The new FUJIFILM X-T100 body will be available on June 18, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $599.95 and CAD $749.99.