Last Updated on 02/26/2018 by Mark Beckenbach
ProGrade Digital is looking to create memory cards for professional photographers.
Yes, they’re indeed a brand new company. ProGrade Digital was founded by executives from Lexar and SanDisk and now they’ve got a set of new products on the market. ProGrade Digital is announcing a new lineup of memory cards for photographers. These include both CFast 2.0 and SDXC UHS II memory cards that are on the market. The cards include a three year warranty and there is also a card reader, which has a two year warranty. In fact, the card reader is claiming speeds of 10GB/second. Crazy, right?
The cards do indeed seem a tad pricey, especially for a new company. But at the same time, I have to appreciate the fact that another player is trying to come into the market to create more competition. This will mean that when deals go live at retailers, we’re all going to benefit in some way or another.
Memory Card Key Features
- Professional-level capacities for CFast 2.0 and SDXC UHS-II memory cards
- Optimized controllers specifically designed for use in professional-grade cameras
- Rigorous full-card testing with serialized tracking of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Component-level testing down to individual memory chips for optimal quality
- Three year warranty
Card Reader Key Features
- Dual slot reader for CFast 2.0 and SDXC UHS-II card formats
- USB 3.1 Gen. 2 transfer speed of up to 10Gb/second
- Supports concurrent full-speed flow of data from cards in each slot
- Portable and compact
- Includes two 18” connection cables: one for Type A to Type C and one for Type C to Type C
- Magnetized reader bottom firmly connects reader to laptop (using included metal mounting plate)
- Two year warranty
|CFast 2.0||550MB/sec||128GB, 256GB, 512GB||$229.99, $349.99, $699.99|
|SDXC UHS-II, Class U3||200MB/sec||64GB, 128GB, 256GB||$54.99, $94.99, $189.99|
|CFast & SD Dual Slot Workflow Reader||CFast 2.0, SDXC||USB 3.1 Gen. 2||Up to 10Gb/sec|