Next month the Phoblographer is looking to showcase the work of various portrait photographers and our premium publication, La Noir Image, is going to put Acros at center stage (both the digital emulation from Fujifilm and the analog film.)
Want to be featured? Check out our submission process after the jump.
Acros Photographers for La Noir Image
Contact us: chrisgampat[at]thephoblographer[dot]com
To Submit images: Imagine a millionaire offered you $1,000,000 for a black and white image of yours. What 10 images would you show that person. Think very carefully, this is a once in a lifetime deal.
Then answer these three questions:
What makes black and white photography so important to you?
What inspires you to create photographs?
Why is black and white photography so important to our future in the art
Make the email subject: La Noir Image Submission: (Your name here)
Portrait Photographers for the Phoblographer
– Subject line of your email should be: Photography Submission: (Your name here)
– Shoot an email at editors[at]thephoblographer[dot]com. You’ll also probably notice the little call to feature you on the sidebar.
– Describe yourself as a photographer. Think about the who, what, when, where, how and why. Tell me about who you are as a photographer, list what cameras, films (or plates, or papers) you use. Tell me about your creative vision when you create and take photos. Tell me about why you like shooting film.
Then answer these questions:
- Why did you get into photography?
- What photographers are your biggest influences?
- How long have you been shooting?
- Why is photography and shooting so important to you?
- Do you feel that you’re more of a creator or a documenter? Why?
- What’s typically going through your mind when you create images? Tell us about your processes both mentally and mechanically?
- Want to walk us through your processing techniques?
- Tell us about the project that you’re pitching, or your portfolio
- What made you want to get into your genre?
- Tell us a bit about the gear that you use and how you feel it helps you achieve your creative vision
- What motivates you to shoot?
– List a number of your websites
– Explain why the readers want to see your work., or why your project is really cool.
– Show 10 photos at 1000 pixels on the long side that demonstrate some of your best work.
I will review all of your submissions and get back to you based on the volume of emails. Don’t let this discourage you, it’s just the introductory pitch. And if you have a photo that makes great use of lighting, submit it for our Creating the Photograph series.