Last Updated on 12/08/2016 by Chris Gampat
Adobe has finally updated Lightroom CC. Besides support for a whole slew of new cameras and lenses, there is a brand new Reference View interface built into the develop module. Details from Adobe’s blog post are after the jump.
Plus there are new updates to the Lightroom app for iOS which gives the editing interface something more similar to Instagram and the like.
Reference View is a new view mode available in the Develop Module that allows you to compare two different images in order to make them visually consistent. This is helpful when making a group of images from a single event look similar or setting the white balance appropriately in mixed lighting conditions.
To get started,
- Go to the Develop Module
- Click on Reference View: it’s on the Toolbar, and you may need to show the Toolbar if hidden
- Drag and Drop your Reference Photo onto the left pane. You can change your Reference Photo by either dragging a different image onto the left pane or using the “Set as Reference Photo” context menu in the Library Module.
- Edit the active photo. Use the Reference Photo to guide your editing decisions.
Click here for more information on Reference View.
Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8 includes ‘under the hood’ changes designed to improve the responsiveness of your Lightroom experience. You should notice improvements in image editing responsiveness when background tasks (such as Preview Generation) are running, moving files between folders, and running catalog backups.
You can now zoom to fit and zoom to fill. Particularly when using ultra high-resolution (i.e. 4K and 5K) monitors, prior versions of Lightroom would not completely fill the Loupe window.
- Ability to filter or create a Smart Collection for images that have Snapshots associated with them.
- Export a Collection Set as a new catalog.
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8
- Canon EOS M5
- Fujifilm X-A3
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Hasselblad X1D
- Leica TL
- Nikon D5600
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II (*)
- Olympus PEN E-PL8
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ2500 (DMC-FZ2000 and DMC-FZH1)
- Pentax K-70
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Sony Alpha a6500 (ILCE-6500)
- Sony Alpha a99 II (ILCA-99M2)
- Sony DSC-RX100 Mark V
* denotes preliminary support
New Tethered Shooting Support in Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8
|Apple||Moment Macro Lens for iPhone6|
|Apple||Moment Macro Lens for iPhone6 Plus|
|Apple||Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone6|
|Apple||Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone6 Plus|
|Apple||Moment Tele Lens for iPhone6|
|Apple||Moment Tele Lens for iPhone6 Plus|
|Apple||Moment Wide Lens for iPhone6|
|Apple||Moment Wide Lens for iPhone6 Plus|
|Apple||Moment Macro Lens for iPhone6s (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Macro Lens for iPhone6s Plus (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone6s (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone6s Plus (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Tele Lens for iPhone6s (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Tele Lens for iPhone6s Plus (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Wide Lens for iPhone6s (DNG + JPEG)|
|Apple||Moment Wide Lens for iPhone6s Plus (DNG + JPEG)|
|Canon EF||SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM A016|
|Canon EF||SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM A016|
|Canon EF||SIGMA 500mm F4 DG OS HSM S016|
|Canon EF||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022E|
|Canon EF||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022E x1.4|
|Canon EF||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022E x2.0|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/15 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/18 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2/135 ZE|
|Pixel (DNG + JPEG)|
|Pixel XL (DNG + JPEG)|
|Go Pro||HERO5 Black (Linear FOV)|
|Go Pro||HERO5 Black (Medium FOV)|
|Go Pro||HERO5 Black (Narrow FOV)|
|Go Pro||HERO5 Black (Wide FOV) (raw + JPEG)|
|Leica M||Leica SUMMARON-M 28mm f/5.6|
|Nikon F||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED|
|Nikon F||SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM A016|
|Nikon F||SIGMA 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM A016|
|Nikon F||SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM A016|
|Nikon F||SIGMA 500mm F4 DG OS HSM S016|
|Nikon F||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022N|
|Nikon F||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022N x1.4|
|Nikon F||TAMRON SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022N x2.0|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/15 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/18 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2/135 ZF.2|
|Ricoh||Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5|
|Samsung||Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Rear Camera (DNG + JPEG)|
|Samsung||Samsung Galaxy S7 Rear Camera (DNG + JPEG)|
|Sigma||SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM A016|
|Sigma||SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM A016|
|Sigma||SIGMA 500mm F4 DG OS HSM S016|
Customer reported issues resolved
- Released a new set of Camera Matching Profiles for Canon 5D Mark IV.
- Improved support for Canon 5D Mark IV dual pixel raw images. Please see this note for further details.
- Lightroom would show an error dialog when attempting to open an image in Photoshop. Please note that this only occurred on Windows and only when selecting “Open in Photoshop” as a Post-Processing item in the Export dialog.
- Fixed issues relating to the Point Curve as reported here and here
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Library collection panel scrolled unexpectedly when you duplicate/rename/delete a collection set
- Problem with watermark opacity in export slideshow
- Will not export both portrait and landscape oriented pictures as a slideshow video in 720 or 1080
- Slideshow not working, only getting black screen
- Selected Published Folder or Collection is not deselected if a folder is selected
- Background images in Slideshow sometimes appeared pixelated.
- Allow image panning by holding down space bar and then swipe with two fingers when local correction tool (such as the Local Adjustment Brush or Radial Filter) is activated.
- Resolved inconsistent preset sorting issue.
- Resolved issues when importing from an Apple iPhone or iPad using USB.
- Video files from Sony cameras were not being imported into Lightroom.
- Opening photos in Photoshop from Lightroom using Edit In does not work correctly for some operations
- Map and Web modules do not work correctly with 4K UHD monitor
- Sort by capture time doesn’t always work on 2015.7 / 6.7