Besides the new Fujifilm X-T2, Fujifilm is also announcing a new firmware update to their very highly regarded X Pro 2. Amongst the changes are faster and more accurate autofocus–though if you read our Fujifilm X Pro 2 review you’ll know that it doesn’t need it. You’re also getting a few other boosts including better parallax correction in the OVF. More details are after the jump.
- The new autofocus algorithm* (found in the new FUJIFILM X-T2) produces faster and more accurate autofocus.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash. The camera will now support high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute options, allowing more customizable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
The new firmware update will come this October.