I think I can safely say that one of the reasons why so many people love Fujifilm’s X series has to do with their lenses. So today is a great reason for Fujifilm photographers to get excited: the company is announcing their new 35mm f2 R WR lens. No, this isn’t replacing the 35mm f1.4 R but instead is a variant of the 35mm focal length for the company.
The new Fujifilm 35mm f2 R WR has a weather resistant design and is touted to be able to function to as low as 14°F. It has 9 aperture blades with 9 elements in 6 groups. Plus it can focus as closely as 13 inches.
That’s not all Fujifilm is announcing today though–we’re also getting a brand new teleconverter. Images and tech specs are after the jump.
We’re waiting for our review units, but in the meantime we’ve reviewed all of the Fujifilm X series lenses with the exception of the XC options. You may want to check it out.
FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR key features summary:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 8 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- Internal focusing system with 0.08 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- 9 elements in 6 groups, including 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating reduces ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 13 inches.
The FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR lens will be available in November 2015 for MSRP USD $399.95 \ CAD $499.99.
FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR key features summary:
- Multiplies focal length of FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x
- Weather-resistant design for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- 7 elements in 3 groups
- AF speed equivalent to XF lens by itself is still achieved with the teleconverter
- Camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.