Last Updated on 12/12/2014 by Julius Motal
The long, long awaited Polaroid Socialmatic camera is finally here at last. Since being first teased as an Instagram concept camera in May 2012 then picked up under Polaroid’s banner a year later, this square-shaped instant photo camera is officially available from Photojojo for starting price of $299.
Essentially a digital camera with a built-in photo printer, the Polaroid Socialmatic is equipped with a 14MP front sensor and 2MP rear camera for selfies that can produce 2 x 3-inch full color prints in under a minute. On the back there’s also a generous 4.5-inch touchscreen to compose and edit images. All these photos are saved on the camera’s built-in 4GB of internal storage or a MicroSD card.
The Socialmatic also comes with GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, allowing users to share directly from the camera to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Meanwhile, Polaroid has also created a Photonetwork, which allows you to geo-tag your images with GPS data, create data rich QR codes, and connect with other Socialmatic photographers.
The Polaroid Socialmatic is available now from Photojojo with 10 included prints for $299 or $344 with 110 prints. The premium Zink paper itself costs $25 for a pack of 50 prints or $45 for a set of 100 sheets.
- 14 MP digital smart camera
- 2MP “selfie mode,” rear facing camera
- 4.5″ Touchscreen for easy edits
- Built in Android Operating System
- LED Flash
- Socialmatic Instant Filters
- Prints 2×3″ full color photos in under a minute
- Stereo Speakers for video playback
- GPS, Wifi and Bluetooth enabled
- Share directly to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- The Socialmatic Photonetwork let’s you track your shots via GPS, add info filled QR codes and connect with other photographers near and far.
- 4GB Internal Storage
- TF/MicroSD for External Storage
- 5.19″ x 1.18″ x 5.18″ (W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.25lbs
- Includes USB Cable