The long, long awaited Polaroid Socialmatic camera is finally here at last. Since being first teased as an Instagram concept camera in May 2012 then picked up under Polaroid’s banner a year later, this square-shaped instant photo camera is officially available from Photojojo for starting price of $299.
Essentially a digital camera with a built-in photo printer, the Polaroid Socialmatic is equipped with a 14MP front sensor and 2MP rear camera for selfies that can produce 2 x 3-inch full color prints in under a minute. On the back there’s also a generous 4.5-inch touchscreen to compose and edit images. All these photos are saved on the camera’s built-in 4GB of internal storage or a MicroSD card.
The Socialmatic also comes with GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, allowing users to share directly from the camera to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Meanwhile, Polaroid has also created a Photonetwork, which allows you to geo-tag your images with GPS data, create data rich QR codes, and connect with other Socialmatic photographers.
The Polaroid Socialmatic is available now from Photojojo with 10 included prints for $299 or $344 with 110 prints. The premium Zink paper itself costs $25 for a pack of 50 prints or $45 for a set of 100 sheets.
- 14 MP digital smart camera
- 2MP “selfie mode,” rear facing camera
- 4.5″ Touchscreen for easy edits
- Built in Android Operating System
- LED Flash
- Socialmatic Instant Filters
- Prints 2×3″ full color photos in under a minute
- Stereo Speakers for video playback
- GPS, Wifi and Bluetooth enabled
- Share directly to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- The Socialmatic Photonetwork let’s you track your shots via GPS, add info filled QR codes and connect with other photographers near and far.
- 4GB Internal Storage
- TF/MicroSD for External Storage
- 5.19″ x 1.18″ x 5.18″ (W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.25lbs
- Includes USB Cable