For the photographer always on the go, ThinkTank has released a new roller camera bag. It’s targeted partially at any photographer with an active lifestyle–and has been coined the Roller Derby. The Think Tank Roller Derby sports 4 dual wheel sets and is also designed to meet most carry on standards for most airlines. There is a pocket for a 15-inch laptop and an iPad, plus a pocket to hold a tripod and a lock and cable to secure everything.
Tech specs and pricing are after the jump; but if you’re interested it will run you $389.75.
- Meets US domestic and most international carry-on requirements*
- Fits up to a 15” laptop and a tablet in 2 dedicated interior pockets
- Lock & cable to secure lockable zippers and tether the bag
- Fits a 15” laptop, a tablet, and up to 2 standard DSLRs with lenses attached or 1 pro DSLR and 1 standard DSLR both with lenses attached. Fits 6–7 standard zoom lenses or strobes. Accommodates a 400mm f/2.8 unattached.
- Interior Dimensions: 12.6” W x 18.5” H x 5.5–7.5” D (32 × 47 × 14–19 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 22” H x 9.0” D (35.6 × 55.9 × 22.9 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10.5” W x 10.3” H x 0.6” D (26.7 x 26.1 x 1.5 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 10.5” W x 14.5” H x 1.0” D (26.7 x 36.8 x 2.5 cm)
- Weight: 10.5-11 lbs (4.8–5 kg)**
The Airport Roller Derby can hold two DSLRS with lenses attached. It can also hold extra lenses with lighting as well. This bag looks like it will be popular with wedding photographers and event photographers. We’re going to try to call in a unit for review, so stay tuned.