Last Updated on 11/01/2013 by Gevon Servo
Canon’s EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3 has been released with the following improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
- * The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. Download: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
There is also new kit lens for the Canon 5D III is the Canon Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L. The kit should available soon at B&H. The Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera Kit with Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L is marked as a new item.