Last Updated on 04/01/2020 by Mark Beckenbach
Hey photographers, if we like your photography projects, portfolio, etc., we’ll feature it!
Amidst everything happening with COVID-19, we know photographers are shifting to find ways to get more eyes on their work. As a service to our readers, we’re looking to help. For years, we’ve featured and profiled up and coming photographers. We’re also glad to say we’ve discovered many before they were cool. Photographers have gotten work from our features, and we’re happy to help the photo community. So, if you’d like to get featured, we’ve got all the details on how to submit your work below.
Creating the Photograph: For Strobist Photographers
Creating the Photograph is a series where we showcase the story and creation of a single image and the strobist/editing efforts behind it. What we need is:
- A bio
- What happened on the shoot? Tell us the who, what, when, where, how, and why
- A gear list
- The concept of the photo
- Post-production: walk us through this and share screenshots please
- A lighting diagram
- BTS images or other images from the shoot
- Before and after editing images
- All images at 3000 pixels on the long side
Here’s the series. Email us with the subject line: Creating the Photograph: (Your name here)
Projects: For the Photographers
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS. SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED OTHERWISE AND MAY HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE SPAM FOLDER.
- The subject line of your email should be: Photography Submission: (Your name here)
- Shoot an email at editors[at]thephoblographer[dot]com. You’ll also probably notice the little ‘call to’ feature you on the sidebar.
- Describe yourself as a photographer. Think about the who, what, when, where, how and why. Tell me about who you are as a photographer, list what cameras, lenses, lights, films (or plates, or papers) and other gear you use. Tell me about your vision when you create and take photos.
Then, answer these questions:
- Why did you get into photography?
- Which photographers are your biggest influences?
- How long have you been shooting?
- Why is photography and shooting so important to you?
- Do you feel you’re more of a creator or a documenter? Why?
- What’s typically going through your mind when you create images? Tell us about your processes both mentally and mechanically.
- Want to walk us through your processing techniques?
- Tell us about the project you’re pitching, or your portfolio.
- What made you want to get into your genre?
- Tell us a bit about the gear you use and how it helps you achieve your creative vision.
- What motivates you to shoot?