Travel season will soon be upon us, and that means we will need a camera bag that can hold all of our gear while we adventure. Think Tank has just announced their new Retrospective Backpack 15, which, according to them, is the perfect camera bag for “bushwhacking through the outback or horse packing in the Wild West.” If you’re in the market for a new camera bag, check out the details about the Think Tank Retrospective Backpack 15 after the break.
The Think Tank Retrospective Backpack 15 is a classicly-styled rucksack that features a rugged, form-fitting canvas treated with DWR (a durable water-repellant). This should help keep mother nature out of your bag, and thus, keep your gear safe. Think Tanks CEO and Lead Designer, Doug Murdoch said:
“The combination of photo and personal gear carry makes the Retrospective Backpack the perfect bag for adventure travel”.
Indeed, it does look like a rather handy bag, and should go together well with the Retrospective shoulder bags.
The Think Tank Retrospective Backpack 15 is capable of holding a lot of stuff, and can be configured to either carry your camera, lenses, and accessories, or your personal belongings such as clothes. If you go with stuffing your camera gear inside, you’ll be able to carry a standard DSLR body or a Mirrorless Camera System, a 15-inch laptop, a 70–200mm f2.8 attached, a 24–70mm f2.8, a 100mm or 105mm f2.8 macro, a 50mm f1.4, and a flash.
Think Tank gives a few examples of what you can carry, and they include a Fuji X–T3 with 50–140mm f2.8 attached, a 35mm f1.4, 14mm f2.8, a 60mm f2.4, the 23mm f1.4, a 56mm f1.2, the 16mm f1.4, and a flash, or you could fit a Sony A7rIII with a 70–200mm f2.8 attached (hood extended), a 16–35mm f4, a 24–70mm f2.8 and a flash. That’s a ton of gear!
The Think Tank Retrospective Backpack 15 comes in two colors (Pinestone and Black) and features:
- A Soft and form-fitting finish with a minimalist outer appearance
- Top and rear-panel access to camera gear
- A Dedicated pocket which fits up to a 15” laptop
- 20L of total storage: 15L enclosed space plus 5L additional for personal gear in the front pocket
- Configurable main compartment for camera gear or personal gear
- Tripod attachment on the side or front panels
- Two collapsible water bottle pockets
- Compatible with Think Tank Modular pouches
- An Organizer pocket
- Zippered pocket for valuables and small items
- Adjustable sternum slider
- Removable webbing waist belt
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
The dimensions of the bag are 11.4” W x 13.8” H x 5.5” D for the interior, and 11.8” W x 15.9” H x 7.1” D for the exterior. The laptop compartment is 9.8” W x 14.1” H x 1.0” D, and overall the bag weighs 4lbs.
If you would like to get your hands on the new Think Tank Retrospective Backpack 15, you can pick one up for $249.75. If you would like more information on the camera bag, head on over to the official Think Tank website.