If getting the colors perfect on RGB printing is part of your workflow, X-Rite’s new spectral color management tool promises to get the job done. The i1Photo Pro 3 Plus is designed to provide professional color management for screens, scanners, and RGB printer profiles. This ensures that your photos show accurate colors in prints on various materials with challenging textures and glossy surfaces.
The new i1Photo Pro 3 Plus puts together the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer and i1Profiler software to provide perfectly accurate colors from capture to print. According to X-Rite, the device is meant for filling the gap left by current color profiling solutions when it comes to measuring textured, rough, or uneven surfaces. The same goes for working with materials in various thicknesses. This can lead to costly revisions for photographers who often print images on papers and materials with intricate patterns or metallic effects.
X-Rite notes the following upgrades and new features on the new i1Pro3 Plus spectrometer:
- Larger 8mm aperture supports new materials and substrates used in digital printing.
- Polarization Filter (measurement condition M3) that reduces specular highlights and shadows to provide “better blacks” and richer colors on rough surfaces and glossy media, like canvas prints and fine art photo papers.
- High Brightness Measurement up to 5K NITs for ultra-bright displays.
- Simultaneously measure M0, M1 and M2 in a single pass to account for optical brighteners so photographers can quickly predict how colors printed on optically brightened substrates will look under different lighting conditions.
- New LED illuminant that improves device reliability. The i1Pro3 Plus allows for four measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0; M1: D50; M2: UV Excluded, M3Polarized).
- Transmission scanning support for backlit materials.
- Longer scanning ruler to support wider charts.
However, the i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer, which is now available, will not work with the current version of the iO table. X-Rite also has set a Fall release for the new hands-free test chart reader i1iO Automated Scanning Table. Together with the i1Pro 3 Plus, it provides automated color profiling for a variety of materials such as canvas, textiles, corrugated boards, and ceramics, as well as transparencies and backlit materials.